The Patient Coordinator greets and processes all incoming/outgoing patients, monitors patient flow, answers telephone to company standards, schedules and confirms patient appointments, and processes insurance information. The Patient Coordinator uses their strong working knowledge of the Optometry industry to address patient inquires, solve problems and promote services and products offered at the Office. The Patient Coordinator may be required to provide pretesting, eyeglass sales and contact lens support based upon Office volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure customers expectations are exceeded by directing and communicating patient needs effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively answer the telephone, schedule patient appointments to company standards by utilizing resource scheduling (by third ring, no call is to be placed on hold longer than 60 seconds). Transcribe message for return calls (including home and daytime phone number).
- Effectively greet incoming\outgoing patients immediately upon entering the office.
- Maximize patient flow, by organizing, tracking and communicating with other associates and patients to maintain an efficient office.
- Obtain and verify insurance eligibility for all applicable patients.
- Audit and edit insurance claims through Enterprise for submission to Home Office.
- Resource scheduling appointments correctly.
- Facilitating and rescheduling no shows appointments
- Communicating the use of the online history form to all patients
- Enter patient’s demographic and insurance information into POS software program.
- Confirm all patients’ appointments, for the following day, by 12:00 p.m. on the preceding day.
- Pull charts for all former patients scheduled for the following day.
- Confirm that all contact lenses have arrived for Recheck\Pick-Up Appointments.
- Attach the proper routing slip and insurance authorization - obtaining a copy of patient’s insurance ID card when applicable.
- Ensure that all yearly exams complete a recall card, record month and year in upper right corner of card. Forward to Home Office at month end.
- Check patients out through POS as requested/needed.
- Ensure that patient has been made aware of all promotions and offers.
- Immediate notify Manager\Assistant Manager of any “walking Rx’s” and/or appointments.
- Prepare invoices and packing slips to be submitted to Home Office.
- Close & balance POS software program at day end, completing daily deposit, ensuring that it properly balances.
- Fax daily sales summary report to Home Office on a daily deposit form prior to 12:00 p.m.
- Maintain cleanliness and organized appearance of front desk at all times.
- May be required to perform preliminary testing for patients, as needed.
- Develop skills to assist patients in all aspects of optical dispensary.
- Initiate training in the contact lens area until Contact Lens Tech is available.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
- Attend all office meetings.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by My Eye Dr.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School degree/GED required. AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 1-3 years of related experience within a similar office environment.
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.
MyEyeDr. - 22 months ago