School of Nursing
• Provides customer service to both intemal and extemal members that enter the School of Nursing
• Handle high volume of phone calls and student traffic.
• Provide information to callers and visitors about the School of Nursing.
• Screen calls related to academic advisement and refer to appropriate Academic Advisor.
• Assist faculty and students with copy needs.
• Process and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail
• Responsible for campus and U.S. mail pickup from campus mailroom
• Serve as scribe for the School of Nursing monthly meetings
• Filing of office, faculty and student information
• Assist with the School of Nursing major events including development of brochures, programs, invitations, etc.
• Maintain database related to student progression and attrition.
• Report faculty absences to the Dean's Office of the school ofNursing
• Distribution of information to school members concerning meetings and campus engagements
• Submit Work Order Requests to Physical Plant regarding broken items and/or building areas in need of repair
• Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Education & Experience:
• Associate or Baccalaureate Degree preferred
• At least two years of experience in office administration
• A working knowledge of computers, copiers and other office machines
• Proficient knowledge in computer software: Microsoft Word 2007, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Excellent typing and spelling skills
• Ability to multi-task and work well with faculty and staff
• Punctual and dependable
• Working environment is a business office setting; must be mobile throughout the campus
• Demands normal manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
• Must be mobile throughout the campus.
• Typically, the incumbent may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Bethune-Cookman University - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Clarinetist Phillip O. Paglialonga, currently serves on the faculty of Virginia Tech. He did his undergraduate study at DePaul University...