If you work at Tribune Media Services be prepared to love what you do. TMS is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers around the world. We also provide content to print and online media featuring editorials, comics, news, puzzles and more. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. Please visit tribunemediaservices.com for more information about our company. Currently, we are looking for a Part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The individual filling this role is responsible for greeting and directing visitors at our state of the art facility, including delivery personnel and vendors while maintaining a high level of customer service within the reception area. Must be adept at operating a multi-line switchboard with 400 extensions. Provide administrative support to the HR leadership team, COO’s office and Finance Department. This includes coordinating, preparing materials, managing spreadsheet data, composing correspondence, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings. The individual will also handle a variety of complex and confidential materials. The ability to work independently in a fast paced environment a must. Candidates must be available to work full time intermittently to cover department vacations and absences throughout the year.
- Greets visitors, manages overnight delivery packages from courier services, coordinates package and mail deliveries in-house
- Manages the main telephone console, answers calls, directs callers, provides assistance and takes concise telephone messages
- Provides administrative support for the Executive Director and Human Resources Manager, COO and Finance Department
- Coordinates company functions, reservations and maintains conference room schedules.
- Coordinates job applications fofor prospective employees
- Maintains the inventory for office supplies and processes a weekly order
- Maintains reports, organizational chart, contracts and cancellations, office telephone extension list and office calendar of events, filing and other correspondence.
- Assists other employees with special tasks that may arise from time to time, as directed.
This position is on-site at our facility in Queensbury, NY. If you are qualified and interested in joining our team, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (518) 955-3065 or mail to:
- High School Diploma required
- At least 3 years experience in a fast paced office environment
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Power Point a must
- Must be reliable, organized and possess multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Tribune Media Services
40 Media Drive
Queensbury, NY 12804
Attn: Human Resources
Tribune Company - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard