Do you enjoy working with people? Are you committed to providing exceptional customer service? Make an impact at a company that appreciates and rewards service excellence! Universal Protection Service, one of the Nation’s largest and fastest growing privately-held contract Security Companies, is seeking a Receptionist with administrative duties. In this vital Receptionist role you will be instrumental to the continued success of our business by supporting operations, human resources, recruitment, and various project initiatives. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Lobby Receptionist in one of our corporate locations in Jersey City. Those selected will be required to pass a criminal background check as well as a drug screening. The starting salary for this position is $14.00 hourly.
The successful Receptionist position is responsible for the following duties which include but are not limited to:
Front desk operations including answering busy phones and responding to incoming calls, greeting and directing visitors and general administrative duties for branch staff. Responsibilities include coordinating interviews, management of the applicant tracking system for the branch, and other duties as directed by management..
- Assisting candidates with employment applications and completing initial candidate evaluations as directed by branch staff.
- Track and prepare all applicant tracking and hiring reports.
- Assist with data entry and personnel file maintenance following corporate Human Resource guidelines.
Qualified applicants for the Receptionist position will meet the following requirements:
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable.
- 3+ years of prior receptionist and/or Human Resources or related experience required
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and ability to be flexible, team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills required; ability to accurately maintain and organize large volumes of paperwork.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office products, internet and websites required; prior experience using HRIS automated systems a strong plus.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Universal Protection Service - 5 months ago