WORKING TITLE: Receptionist
To provide principal receptionist support by maintaining a close and highly responsive relationship to the daily and ongoing needs of the customers and staff. This position will also be responsible for scanning and indexing patient documents into clinical software charting system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Has solid knowledge of and guarantees compliance with: state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, BioScrip policies and procedures, and standards of performance.
2. Courteously greet visitors and other clients, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person or office; maintain visitor guest log and employee sign in sheet.
3. Courteously answer telephone and triage calls to appropriate department or individual.
4. Forward phone to answering service at close of day. Retrieve messages from answering service upon arrival in morning for distribution to appropriate individual or department.
5. Maintain accurate and current records and organize filing and archiving system to facilitate the expeditious retrieval of information.
6. Receives mail and fed-ex packages and distributes to the appropriate personnel.
7. Scan and index patient documents into MRO.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and handle/finger.
The employee is frequently required to reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull 12lbs or less.
The employee must be able to lift/carry up to 10lbs occasionally.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is normally performed in an office environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required; minimum of one year of related experience in receptionist position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
.Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within branch departments.
Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Strong customer service and phone skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy and complete required forms. Ability to respond to questions from referral sources, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
S2 - BioScrip - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard