As Receptionist, you’ll be the first face people see when they walk through our door and the voice they’ll first hear when they call our office. You’ll learn the ins and outs of charity: water so you can handle any question that comes your way.
* Own the front desk. Be ready and prepared to answer every call and greet every guest that comes our way.
* Keep up to speed on charity: water’s work so you can handle questions from anyone.
* Greet visitors, anticipate scheduled arrivals and make introductions.
* Maintain the appearance of the front desk area and our communal spaces on a daily basis.
* Handle customer tasks alongside the Supporter Experience team.
* Put our supporters first in everything you do.
* At least 3 years as a receptionist or a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience in customer service.
* Office Manager experience a plus.
You were born a people person
You enjoy interacting with people – over the phone, in person and through emails. You’re welcoming and more than willing to help someone find their way around charity: water.
You're a communication ace
You're more than capable of providing information concisely and effectively to everyone reaching out to charity: water. You make sure you know the situation or data inside and out before communicating it to supporters or staff. You’re passionate about giving every caller and visitor an unforgettable experience at charity: water.
You want to know it all
You don't assume. Instead, you learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience. You're not afraid to say you don't know and ask questions because you hope to become a charity: water guru.
You're a problem solver
If a caller has a question you make it your mission to help them resolve it. You always put our supporters first and take pride in providing excellent customer service.
You get things done
You’re a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small, with attention to detail. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize. And when you need help, you let fellow staff members know.
You have the basics down pat
You know how to best use Microsoft Word, Excel and online tools to manage data and contact info. You're a master of using sorting in Excel to make info easy to find.
You're so organized, it's embarrassing
Your closet or kitchen drawers are a testament to your skill: when something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can manage schedules, inquiries, call logs and desk drawers.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.