POSITION TITLE: Receptionist (Medical/Dental/Mental Health)
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAY RATE: $11.56
DEPT/LOCATION: All Locations
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Clinic Manager
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the position)
Receives and registers patients; make/cancels appointments; provides referrals to other departments or services; helps walk-in patients obtain appropriate appointments or services; facilitates patient flow; assists patients complete required documents; retrieves and files medical charts. Will provide service to; Medical, Dental and Mental Health.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High School or GED
Experience : (Required)
• Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred)
• Proficient Microsoft Office
• EHR- Electronic Health Record (Preferred)
• PMS- Practice Management System (Preferred)
• Good organizational skills
• Employees are responsible for maintaining individual certifications as required by job function or by law and provide verification and recertification when requested by management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meets and greets patients; announces, directs, and/or escorts to appropriate area.
• Answers, screens, and directs calls on multi-line phone system; takes detailed messages and/or forwards telephone calls to appropriate practitioner, voice mail, or pager.
• Must be able to cope in a “fast pace” environment.
• Organizes and maintains file system; files correspondence and other records.
• Orders and maintains supplies, arranges for equipment maintenance, and keeps reception area organized.
• Inputs patient information and demographics into computer system.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Perform some repetitive motion activities.
• Pull Medical/Dental/Mental Health charts.
• Process Patient Registration.
• Maintain patient flow and reduce waiting time as much as possible.
• May schedule appointments for patients and specialty care.
• May perform receptionist and/or routine clerical duties such as filling out forms, answering telephones, or filing.
• Collect co-payments and/or fees and donations.
• Handles other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager.
• Handles billing for Medical/Dental/Mental.
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) inputting prescriptions and patients chart.
• Practice Management System (PMS) Registration, Scheduling and Billing.
• Frequent exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
• Send out records when requested by other offices.
• Attends staff meeting.
• Prepares and forwards outgoing mail and packages
St. John's Well Child & Family Center
- 2 years ago - save job
St. John's Well Child and Family Center provides a broad continuum of care to patients by successfully piecing together a patchwork of...