The Home provides programs and services for these children and young adults in crisis:
This position is Relief or on an "as needed" basis. This position will provide coverage for the current receptionists should they be sick or on vacation. Coverage is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on an "as needed" basis. This position pays $8.50 per hour.
- Medically fragile and terminally ill children who require 24-hour-a-day skilled nursing care.
- Those who require emergency care due to abuse, abandonment, neglect or are homeless; or who need foster care.
- To homeless, pregnant, or parenting teens, and their family members needing case management, education, parenting, and independent living skills.
- Children with autism & special needs.
- Young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are in crisis due to mental health or abuse, and to families who are struggling to maintain their children in their homes to provide stability and skills for self-sufficiency.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent. Must have at least one year experience in a clerical position, or successfully completed a secretarial science program from an accredited school/college.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures, and guidelines.
Must possess a cheerful personality and be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
Must be able to function under pressure, and do multiple duties.
Must possess the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
Must be able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute and operate a word processor.
Must be able to effectively use a 10-key calculator.
Must have a working knowledge of micro-computers, input/output data, etc.
Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
The general purpose of your job is to keep children who are clients of HOTI safe at all times and to be respectful of the children and their families as valued customers. The primary purpose of your job position is to perform clerical support in an efficient manner in accordance with established procedures, and as directed by your supervisor.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
City of Louisville, KY - 17 months ago