About Democracy Prep:
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing
public charter schools committed to preparing students for success in college and active citizenship. Democracy Prep’s DREAM Team of teachers and staff currently educates over 2,000 scholars in grades K-12. A pioneer in authentic civic education and charter school turnaround, Democracy Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all students, especially those with special needs. By proving that all students, regardless of where they are born or their initial academic performance, can achieve at extremely high academic levels, Democracy Prep seeks to transform not only the lives of our students, but also raise the expectations for public schools across the nation and beyond.
The mission of Democracy Prep is to educate responsible citizen-scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship
Our ambitious and necessary mission requires tremendous individual and collective effort. The Democracy Prep DREAM Team of teachers, leaders, and staff represent the top 1% of all applicants and executes our mission everyday with a zeal that embraces our unofficial motto:
Change the World!
For more information about our schools, please visit us online at
About the position:
The Receptionist is essential to smooth functioning of day to day school operations. In addition to the many responsibilities listed below, the Receptionist is the first person that parents and visitors encounter upon entering the school. Our receptionists have a profound impact on the perception outsiders have of our schools.
- Ensure daily student attendance and other required data is recorded in student information systems.
- Interface with students and families on a regular basis in both Spanish and English.
- Call all late/absent students each morning.
- Coordinate communications/notices home to parents in both Spanish and English.
- Assist with student recruitment and open houses for parents.
- Answer phones and e-mails.
- Coordinate ordering office supplies/paper/toner.
- Sort/deliver mail, opening when appropriate.
- Ensure office is clean, organized, and welcoming to parents, staff, visitors, and students.
- Order, maintain inventory, and process student requests for uniforms.
- Work with school vendors and assist with facilities management as needed.
Required Core Competencies include:
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Understanding and belief in the Democracy Prep mission and core values.
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in both English and
- Extreme flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related work experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish required
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, as well as significant performance bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, life insurance, disability, etc.) and a working environment which includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Most of all, join a DREAM Team of like-minded educators who work to achieve the same mission ensuring that our students work hard, go to college, and change the world!
Please visit the Democracy Prep careers page at
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of seven free, open-enrollment, high-performing no excuses public charter schools...