Ensures interaction with patient/member constitutes a professional and satisfying customer experience through welcoming engagement, registering, and assisting patients/members.
- Welcomes members by addressing members by name and may provide general information or referring to appropriate staff, apologizing for delays in service, and other behaviors as appropriate.
- Registers patients/members including verifying eligibility.
- Updating demographic information, including race, ethnicity and language preference.
- Identifying FYIs and special features.
- Coordinating appropriate assistance, creating new accounts and coverages, and performing other functions in HealthConnect as indicated by business needs.
- Upon request, verifies that pharmacy orders have been placed in HealthConnect.
- Upon request, verifies the status of laboratory results.
- Alerts health care team or member when results are listed as complete.
- Assists patients/members, when appropriate, with explaining specific member benefits and copays/applicable fees, and initiating and completing appropriate forms as needed.
- Initiates and processes paperwork related to the member visit, as appropriate.
- Conducts monetary transactions in accordance with established policies and guidelines, including:
- Receiving funds from patients/members, completing receipts.
- Properly posting transactions.
- Informing patients/members of available payment/Medical Financial Assistance.
- Retrieving, reconciling, and returning the change fund.
- Facilitates the needs of the members by scheduling appointments at the request of members and providers in accordance with established protocol.
- Informing members of appointment date(s).
- Giving appropriate pre-appointment instructions.
- Receiving, screening, and returning telephone calls as directed.
- Taking messages and forwarding calls, as appropriate.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the reception area.
- Informs providers or staff of members needing immediate attention.
- Brings unusual situations to the attention of the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties, as appropriate.
- One (1) year of customer service in an office setting required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example (but not limited to) traditional and deductible products within 6 months of employment.
- One (1) year of reception experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Current BLS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...