Work closely with the department head in developing and maintaining film / video program website and social networks and assisting faculty / staff / students with various front desk duties. We are seeking someone who can work 30-35 hours per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in recruitment and outreach by giving prospective and new student tours of the CFS facilities and answer general questions about our program. Although some tours may be scheduled; walk-ins will be common.
- Posting information related to CFS events and film festivals.
- Compile and post job listings, internships, and other opportunities for CFS Student’s career development. Also be diligent in removing old postings from boards and binders.
- Assist daily in maintaining tidiness of the CFS facilities, to include front lounge area, hallways, classrooms, library, and kitchen.
- Greeting guests and prospective students.
- General Office duties including: copying, faxing, filing, and data entry.
- Internet research.
- Answering phones when necessary which will require you to answer general questions about our program or direct the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- Familiarize yourself with CFS curriculum and our website to better assist prospective students.
- Maintain and update news content on website, including classes, contact information, important dates, etc.
- Post / update digital job, internship, volunteer notifications on all social media sites & internal television monitors.
- Compose webpages and make website modifications as instructed such as build and revise online forms, export data, upload pictures, correct broken links, etc.
- Collaborate, integrate, and create graphic materials for print and web distribution.
- Must be friendly and enjoy working with people.
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be able to work special events on occasion, which could include evening and some weekend hours.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format.
- Previous customer service and/or clerical experience
- Experience with Dreamweaver, PHP, HTML
- Prior web building experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite
- Experience with Mac / PC
- Experience with Networking programs
Schedule: 30-35 Hours per week
- MySQL, etc. (Perl a plus!)
Salary - $12.00
Anticipated Start Date: September 25, 2013.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to: Jennifer Scott at Jennifer.Scott@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org .
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Community College of Aurora - 5 months ago