Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Clerical Services Coordinator, the Customer Service Representative/Switchboard Operator is responsible for greeting and assisting visitors/residents, working the switchboard and performing secretarial duties as needed. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities of Time spent %
1.Greets and directs all visitors and residents. (25%)
2.Answers all incoming calls to the switchboard within 5 rings and properly routes calls. (55%)
3. Assist residents, visitors in placing long distance phone calls, using correct charge account. (1%)
4. Appropriate message taking and delivery of messages to management personnel. (2%)
5. Sorts all incoming resident mail/packages/flowers and assures proper delivery to residents. (3%)
6. Is familiar with the operation of the Wanderguard System (2%)
7. Is familiar with all alarm panels and appropriate announcement of drills (1%)
8. Is familiar with residents and appropriate procedures for allowing resident to leave facility. (1%)
9. Sells meal tickets/newspapers to staff/family members on weekends and after hours. (2%)
10. Maintains resident census and phone numbers.(2%)
11. Responsible for obtaining daily discharge/admission information and filing (1%)
13. Responsible for overhead paging of meetings/events 2%
14. Makes copies of Admission Packets upon requested (2%)
15. Performs other work duties as assigned.(1%)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
3. Computer skills preferred (Type 35-40 wpm) 4. Clerical and numerical ability are necessary 5. Verbal and cognitive ability are necessary 6. Interpersonal skills are essential 7. Experience in health services preferable The assessment, care and treatment provided by the staff will be consistent with the specific age related needs of the patient. The staff is competent to care for patient age groups including the adult and geriatric patient.
High School diploma
Mission: Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s Hospital is
dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
Compassion: We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
Justice: We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
Excellence: We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
Stewardship: We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES – Friendly – Available – Caring – Efficient – Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.