Job Title: Records/Imaging Specialist I
Reports To: Records/Imaging Supervisor
Target Salary: $12.41/hour ($25,812.80/annually)
Number of Positions: 1
Accepting Applications: 01/18/13 until filled
This position involves working cross departmentally with processes relative to the member and employer records. Includes complete processing of documents for specific departments, prepping cases and mail to be imaged, operating imaging and microfilm equipment, pulling and re-filing microfilm and cases while fulfilling all requests received from internal OPERS staff.
1. Performs business processing task, such as adding, changing, updating or terminating data on pension accounts.
2. Calculates and explains values for input into Health Care system.
3. Analyzes inquiries and gathers all necessary information to process requests in workflow.
4. Understand business unit function, indexing schema and processing rules along with all OPERS business forms in order to make accurate decisions in regards to initiating workflow.
5. Fulfill organizational requests for member and employer case files whether in paper or microfilm format. Fulfill request to image documents/cases when needed.
6. Locate, retrieve and prepare documents for imaging/microfilming by ensuring order and accuracy (i.e. remove paper clips and staples, repair when necessary, place documents in prescribed order and photocopy originals when necessary)
7. Operate high-speed imaging scanners and microfilm cameras to meet customer quality assurance standards and targeted production goals.
8. Perform regular scanner and camera maintenance.
9. Inspect scanned and filmed images for legibility, density and alignment to assure quality control and ensure all images are present.
10. Answer phone calls from various departments within the organization.
11. Perform audits of hard copy files still located on shelves to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
12. Ability to successfully compile statistical information using MS Excel in order to keep accurate logs of daily production volumes.
13. Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
One year of customer service required. Related Records/Imaging experience preferred.
- Ability to learn all internal processing departments’ operating programs in order investigate cases/documents as needed.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid multitask and organizational skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Value teamwork
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to do 10-key minimum of 6,000 kspm
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Retain basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
OPERS - 15 months ago