Reporting to Patient Accounts Supervisor and Lead, individual will be responsible for record retention/destruction process, medical requests, processing of bank transactions and maintenance of office equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of records through, filing, data entry, and application of the records retention and destruction process.
- Fulfill requests for medical records in accordance with HIPAA rules and corporate policies.
- Maintenance of office equipment and supplies, including but not limited to, copiers, printers, postage machine and scanners with appropriate vendors.
- Submission of bank transactions and correspondence.
- Responsible for the printing and distribution of bills.
- Prints and mails correspondence for claim forms.
- Respond to requests for information
- Make decisions and take appropriate actions based on sound reasoning and judgment.
- Contribute ideas; strive to enhance team effectiveness and support decisions made by the team.
- Plan and perform work systematically and efficiently.
- Carry out instructions, maintain a positive attitude, and support company policies/procedures.
- Punctuality and availability for workload.
- Comply with HIPAA guidelines
- Attend and maintain all required R/M training
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self motivation or energy applied to the commencement of needed activities without awaiting a directive.
- Maintain good communication with all billing areas.
- Provide quality service and communications exhibiting a professional attitude at all times.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Attends communications meetings
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in an easily understood manner.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Typing 35 (WPM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provides professional customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively utilizing available tools to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and work ethic.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds when needed and move object/materials to locations that may be up to 20 feet away.
- Work performed in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Occasionally: Walking inside and outside, pushing, pulling, may lift and carry no more than 50 pounds.
Frequently: Lifting and carrying no more than 10 pounds, typing 40 wpm, stooping, bending.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, seeing, and typing.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, clerical, decision making.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
Occasionally: Multi-media equipment for training purposes, voice recorder tape system
Frequently: Use Company and/or personal owned vehicle for business purpose
Constantly: Telephone, computer, mouse, keypad, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, postage machine, fax, scanner, cell phone and/or blackberry, laminating machine, and printer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.