Records Clerk / GCIC Specialist
Sandy Springs Police Department | Records Clerk / GCIC Specialist
The purpose of this position is to provide and conduct the administrative duties that are associated with the Sandy Springs Police Department. Duties will include but are not limited to: operating alphabetic, numeric, and special character key boards, performing data verification, maintaining files and reports, and other related clerical duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Records Manager, provides GCIC data entry, clerical, and records maintenance support. In compliance with applicable GCIC regulations, enter data including stolen or lost property, vehicle, missing persons, guns, and active City warrants into the GCIC system. In addition to entries, also performs monthly validations. This is a full time/non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing criminal history checks on all incoming new employees
- Run criminal histories for Officers, Detectives or other law enforcement personnel
- Run criminal histories for customers and Sandy Springs PD personnel
- Responsible for fingerprinting and signing of awareness statements for all new employees
- Enter all stolen vehicles, runaway Juveniles, and stolen articles with Serial #s on GCIC System
- Enter all warrants submitted by personnel onto GCIC System
- Enter and file all accident and incident reports
- Prepare all files for audit purposes for GCIC
- Responsible for keeping GCIC files in order and safe keeping
- Responsible for clearing and canceling necessary entries to GCIC
- Submits LED (Law Enforcement Data) sheets of entries to records department
- Documents reports with NIC#s of entries (i.e. stolen vehicle, runaway juveniles, stolen articles with serial #s)
- Sort citations submitted by Police Officers
- Attach necessary citations to reports for submission to Court
- Sort accident and incident reports in numerical order
- Categorize Juvenile reports (i.e. label folder with name and case#)
- Assist different departments as needed, CID, Major, and Crime Analysis
- Assist citizens with supplying accident and/or incident reports in a timely manner
- Pull necessary reports for customers and Sandy Springs PD personnel
- Answer and/or respond to mail request for reports
- Operate cash receipt system for purchase of reports
- Respond to all incoming calls and direct the call to appropriate department/ party
- Take messages for Officers, Detectives, and/or Sandy Springs PD personnel
- Gather outgoing mail for Sandy Springs personnel for mailing and postage
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years administrative experience
- Must be fully certified by GCIC (Georgia Crime Information Center) within 6 months of employment
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instruction
- Knowledge of data entry programs, personal computers, and Microsoft Office
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field
- Five (5) years related experience
- Specialized training and course work related to the conduct of municipal court operations
Employee must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all safety policies and rules and must be willing to report and/or act on safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Incumbent is expected to meet attendance standards as determined by management. Employee must be available and willing to work on either a part-time or full-time basis according to the assigned schedule. Must be available and willing to work overtime (including daily, weekend and holidays) as determined by management as necessary to meet the business needs.
The employee will perform most duties in a typical office environment with public contact and interruptions. The employee may experience prolonged sitting, occasional stooping and may be required to bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist. The employee will operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordinating including use of a computer keyboard.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Job requires approximately five percent travel.
This position shall remain open until filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application for employment. Return your completed application and/or address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The City of Sandy Springs, Georgia - 2 years ago