To secure a positive shopping experience for our Customers through effectively managing and developing the Recovery process by preventing merchandise from damage and generating revenue from products that would go to recycling.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
• Provide visitors to As-Is with a positive shopping experience by being service-minded, ensuring that all relevant standards are met or exceeded and general routines and housekeeping is of the highest standard.
• Understand the IKEA Concept and ensure that you consistently implement this in your area of responsibility.
• Comply with relevant Commercial Review, ASR (Administration Support Retail) Audit and SEC Check (Security Check) Audit guidelines.
• Assess merchandise according to their potential for repair and return to stock, assemble and sell in As-Is, or use for spare parts and quality issues.
• Ensure the complete and accurate reconciliation of all written-off, damaged or returned items transferred to the Recovery department in order to help maintain an accurate store inventory.
• Support your supervisor and manager in maintaining awareness and understanding of the Recovery System within the store and the operational, cost, and environmental benefits of an effective operation.
• Support any work with individuals and departments on store loss issues, the recovery of loss and waste segregation and disposal.
• Work closely with the Customer Service Department to ensure high levels of customer service in relation to Returns and Exchanges picks, spare parts requests and, where relevant, S.A.M.S. issues.
• Contribute to the safety and quality of all products in the range through submitting quality reports.
• Support the Environmental responsible to ensure that effective, efficient and systematic waste management is supported with regard to all waste arising from the Recovery process.
• Dispose of waste with regard to the waste hierarchy – Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of policies, routines and procedures within your area of responsibility.
• Communicate to managers any customer issues/concerns that cannot be resolved
• Promote a safe working environment for fellow co-workers, customer and visitors by reporting any safety hazards, concerns or ideas for improvement. YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include: Knowledge/Experience: 0-6 months of experience in the following knowledge areas:
• Good mathematical ability
• Good customer service, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in a sales, furniture/carpentry building or customer service environment
• High School or equivalent Capabilities/Motivation: Knowledge and interest in Home Furnishings Effective verbal and written skills in the English language
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
• Ability to work independently and in groups
• Basic computer skills
• Prefer fast-paced, retail work environment
• Basic math skills Additional Information Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Having the ability to access and observe all areas of the store; to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress; to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg); to use the PC for extended periods during the shift; to wear PPE (personal protective equipment); and to use small power tools and related equipment.
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting and wearing required IKEA uniform GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information :
Full Time position (20-31 hours/week)
Availability requirements: At least 48 hours per week inclusive of nights/weekends/ department specific needs
IKEA - 22 months ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...