Benefit Recovery has several positions for outgoing, self-starting, multi-taskers Recovery Support Specialist to work fulltime in Houston, Texas. Consider joining our dynamic and expanding company.
Benefit Recovery has been in operation since 1992. We have locations in 20 different states with corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas. Our clients consist of commercial hospitals, hospital corporations, Veterans Administration medical centers, and the United States Air Force. The main business operation is geared toward the recovery of denied hospital claims from health insurance carriers. We also offer client services such as insurance verification, pre-registration, and outpatient billing.
Recovery Support Specialist Duties:
1. Assisting customers
2. Verifying billable health insurance
3. Obtaining claim status via telephone calls
4. Entering information into the database
- Training begins at entry level, and includes ongoing programs to deal with the changing reimbursement strategies of health insurance providers.
1. Detail oriented
2. Accurate and fast typist (approx. 40 wpm)
3. computer literate
4. Good verbal, mathematical, and communication skills are essential
5. Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude during all interactions
6. Knowledge of HIPAA, and UB92, HCFA1500, ICD-9 forms and CPT codes is preferred.
7. High School or equivalent required.
Applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check.
If you meet the requirements, use apply now. Inquiries without salary requirements will not be considered. We will select and contact those applicants that most closely match our requirements. No phone calls please.
"We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer"
Monster - 14 months ago
Benefit Recovery presently has 32 full-time employees, including attorneys, and four part-time employees to service our clients. Our...