ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: A Direct Care Professional must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1. Provides training in activities of daily living, community recreation, personal hygiene and grooming, money management and budgeting, parenting, mobility, nutrition and meal preparation, self-preservation skills and other requested areas as required by Day-Hab plan.
2. Flows through on any behavior management program as established for individuals
3. Completes and maintains accurate documentation relating to the various services provided to our individuals and the progress they have established.
4. Communicates individual needs to Family Support Services Supervisor/Family Support Services Coordinator.
5. Suggests updates to the Day Hab. plan as needed to ensure quality
6. ust be able to work flexible hours, on occasion to accommodate recreation outing and activities
7. Attend staff meetings and in-service training programs
8.Maintains confidentiality of individual information in accordance with the requirements of NYS Mental Hygiene law and the Agency’s HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
9.Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High School Diploma required AND one year combined work, volunteer, internship and/or applicable training and education with the Developmentally Disabled population
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. - A valid NYS Drivers License and agency approval of driving record according to agency's Policy and Procedures, OR accessibility to public or other private transportation AND clearance through NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment AND clearance through Buffalo Police Department for convictions of criminal offenses. First Aid, CPR, and SCIP-R certification. Annual physical and PPD’s are required. Must be cleared through NYS OMRDD criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS -Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Summit Educational Resources - 16 months ago