This position is for a student summer intern. Under general supervision, leads varied summer activity programs and rentals at an indoor or outdoor recreation center, playground or facility.
The position is scheduled to work Summer Schedule 2013- beginning June 10, 2013 and ending August 16, 2013.
Must be able to attend MANDATORY Summer Counselor Orientation held on June 1, 2013 - June 8, 2013.
***Please note: The City of Miramar receives hundreds of applications for summer positions, but only a limited number of positions are available***
*****Please bring required documents of transcripts and letters of recommendations to Human Resources no later than no later than Wednesday, May 8, 2013. You will be contacted if more information is needed***
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for aiding program staff during summer recreational activities and other events that meet the needs of the community, which may include but are not limited to summer camp, field trips, sporting leagues, special events, various classes, and other recreational programming.
- Sets up staging, tables and chairs, decorations, etc., for events and meetings as required; makes arrangements for refreshments as necessary.
- Staffs special events as scheduled.
- Observes and promotes all rules and regulations established for the City of Miramar.
- Must be flexible and be adaptable to various situations, resulting in working varied facilities and/or time schedules including nights and weekends
- The employee must be able to communicate with children and adults,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- You must be a current high school or college student.
- Students must be in good academic standing with at least a GPA of "C" or its equivalent (transcript required).
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- You must be age 16 at time of employment.
- Must obtain 2 letters of recommendation from school officials (i.e. teacher/principal/guidance counselor).
- Must have valid picture identification card/ passport .
- Must have a social security number.
The City of Miramar, FL - 20 months ago