The candidate will drive a DeKalb County school bus as a means of transportation for participants of the DeKalb County Parks and Recreation Department's programs. Candidate is responsible to met the requirements for drivers as set by the DeKalb County Schools and obey all laws for operation of a school bus. The candidate is under the supervision of the Recreation Center Leader or Program Manager.
- Enforce normal school system and/or state regulations while transporting groups.
- Ensures that a counselor is sitting at the rear and front of the bus on all group trips
- Stay with groups on all trips assigned.
- Permit no smoking or unsafe conduct on bus.
- Assist with supervising children at designated sites if not scheduled for a field trip.
- Assist with delivering supplies and equipment ot sites at the beginning of the program as needed.
- Keep the bus in safe operating condition.
- Complete record of all trips and turn them in each week upon receipt of your paycheck
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle and school bus operation; local and state traffic ordinances; school bus safety policies and procedures; local and state roads and highways sufficient to locate specific locations and addresses; vehicle maintenance requirements, records and procedures.
- Must have a valid Georgia Class B CDL Drivers License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
DeKalb County, GA - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard