Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Center Superintendent and related management team, performs customer service duties in the Fun Club of the Frisco Athletic Center. Responsible for ensuring children utilizing the Fun Club area are provided with a safe, fun and active environment and the activities that take place within the area are conducted properly.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
Other Important Duties:
- Trains all Fun Club staff on policies and procedures of the Fun Club area.
- Ensures that Fun Club area is clean and maintained according to set standards and policy.
- Ensures that all safety standards and policies are being properly followed and maintained to insure the safety of children and staff.
- Opens and closes the Fun Club area according to established policies and procedures.
- Completes and maintains proper paperwork including incident reports, accident reports, and waivers.
- Monitors the drop-off and release of children within the Fun Club area.
- Disciplines children and recommends or initiates other measures to control behavior.
- Assists the Management Team with performance evaluations.
- Develops and implements activities for children utilizing the Fun Club area.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints related to programs and services.
Job Requirements :
- Provides information and directions regarding the facility and City to members and guests.
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing or First Aid as needed.
- May receive payments, prepare deposits and receipts.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Skill in working with children and parents with patience and concern for safety.
- Skill in effectively handling multiple tasks with ongoing interruptions.
- Skill in responding to and resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in monitoring facility health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skill in implementing departmental rule, procedures and objectives .
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., and one (1) year child care experience, preferably in a daycare setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check and post-offer physical agility exam.
- May be required to possess valid State of Texas Drivers License according to area of assignment.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification within six months from date of employment.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Work is performed in office, fitness center, and outdoor environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- May work extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- May be subject to extended periods of standing, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as picking up children, setting up, conducting and cleaning up program activities, opening and closing facilities, meetings, and information booths at public events, or assisting with coordination and management of assigned activities at special events.
- May be required to change soiled diapers and/or clothing.
- May be subject to exposure to air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, and infectious diseases when applying CPR, First Aid or cleaning facilities.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and hazardous driving conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Equipment utilized includes recreational equipment, cleaning supplies, cash register, personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, two-way radio and other standard office equipment
City of Frisco - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard