*This position is also interchangeable with Senior Lifeguard.
Candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations and supervision of the pool facility. The lifeguard will perform all routine maintenance tasks in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with the specific training provided by DeKalb County Parks and Recreation Aquatics Section. The lifeguard will adhere to a strict set of guidelines designed to ensure the safest and cleanest environment. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Lifeguard should man pool to ensure the safe and proper operation of the pool.
- Be prompt for all shifts listed on schedule.
- Ensure that the pool area is maintained according to DeKalb County Parks and Recreation Aquatics schedule.
- Complete all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce all DeKalb County Parks and Recreation Aquatics section policies.
- Ensure the cleanliness, neatness, and orderliness of all equipment and facilities.
- Maintaining chemical balance of pool water.
- Candidates must have a valid and current certification in Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer.
- Previous Lifeguard experience in a public or private pool or equivalent setting is preferred.
- Sr. Lifeguard positions requires a minimum of three years' experience in a public or private pool or equivalent setting.
DeKalb County, GA - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard