$17.57 - $18.66/hour
This is a recreation and parks position that provides direct assistance to an immediate superior and coordinates community sport programs as assigned. Operates within a self-sustaining and teamwork environment. This position works with parent advisory boards in an administrative and oversight role to deliver more intense competitive sport programs for children. May lead activities occasionally as deemed necessary.
Work hours will vary with program schedules.
Performs senior support level administrative and recreation related services work under general supervision from an administrative or technical superior. Work includes overseeing, planning, and directing the safe and efficient operation of a variety of recreation programs and services at Recreation and Parks facilities and playgrounds. Coordinates externally with community groups and volunteers, manages facility arrangements, maintains records and prepares evaluative reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Provide administrative support to Community Sport and Partnership Service Supervisor.
- Coordinates Community Sport programs as assigned by supervisor
- Processes and coordinates under the direction of the Recreation Services Supervisor all requests for outdoor athletic facility usage including fields, courts and other sport areas.
- Coordinates selected seasonal programs as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide direct leadership for camps, tournaments and lessons as deemed necessary.
- Provide customer service with regard to programming questions, as well as assist contractors/staff with participant information/supplies and materials.
- Prepare news release for upcoming programs.
- Coordinate with the Board of Education and county facilities to reserve program space, and cancel when needed. Reviews all permits for conflicts.
- Input staff payroll, handle inquiries about hours paid, prepare biweekly payroll report.
- Provide customer service in regard to suitable programming, prepare program evaluations, and organize comments/complaints.
- Work with other divisional Recreation Services Coordinator I's as a team to accomplish tasks most efficiently.
- Prepares administrative paperwork necessary for contingent staff.
- Monitors the status of contractual arrangements.
- Assist supervisor with purchasing, warehousing and delivery of equipment and supplies.
- Assists supervisor with distribution of marketing and promotional items.
- Responsible for identifying and applying good sustainability practices into all aspects of Department operations.
Associate Degree and two years experience
Prefer an Associate's Degree or two years of college education in the recreation, sports management, physical education or related fields of study with leadership experience in an outdoors setting.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Class C Maryland Driver's License, or equivalent issued by state of residence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Howard County, MD - 19 months ago