This is a part-time temporary, non-benefited position. Responsibilities for the position currently available include skill instruction of rowing sports; maintenance of the boat storage area; boat, equipment, and storage space rentals; planning and coordination of boathouse special events; and development and maintenance of team rowing partnerships. The ideal candidate will be highly knowledgeable in the field of rowing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Organize, lead or teach a specialized recreation program, activity or class such as dance, gymnastics, sports, teens, special events, inclusion, preschool or day camp or other recreational activities.
2. Promote and coordinate a specific program, service, activity or class; prepare program event and facility marketing materials including news releases, fliers, schedules of events, pamphlets and brochures.
3. Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program or class participants; monitor and inspect assigned facilities for needed maintenance; clean facilities as needed.
4. Develop program or class curriculum and maintain a calendar of activities; prepare program or class activity brochures for public distribution; modify program or class activities and schedules as required.
5. Supervise and monitor the behavior of program or class participants; enforce applicable rules and regulations; provide appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
6. Evaluate assigned programs or classes for needed supplies and equipment; order or obtain supplies as needed; issue supplies and equipment to participants; provide assistance in setting up for various activities.
7. Monitor program or class performance; recommend and implement modifications to systems and procedures.
8. Maintain records and develop reports concerning new or ongoing programs or classes and program and class effectiveness.
9. Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel.
10. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop survey instruments; conduct surveys of program or class participants to determine participant needs; interpret and record survey results; implement or adjust programs or classes based on survey findings.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience : At least three years of increasingly responsible experience in a specialized recreation program area. Experience teaching rowing classes is desirable.
Education/Training : Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in area of specialization, recreation, leisure studies or a related field.
Licenses and Certificates : Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License with a safe driving record. Designated positions require the possession, or ability to obtain, a Class B driver's license. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid first aid and CPR certificates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. Productivity : Incumbents must perform work in an efficient, effective and timely manner with minimal direction. Mobility : Incumbents are required to participate in assigned recreational activities which may include moderate to heavy lifting and standing, walking or running for prolonged periods of time. Vision : Vision sufficient to read printed documents, observe behavior of program participants and operate assigned equipment. Environment : Incumbents may be exposed to inclement weather conditions, may work at indoor or outdoor recreational facilities and may travel from site to site. Other Factors : Incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends. Incumbents may be required to travel outside City boundaries to attend meetings.
A City of Coronado employment application and copies of all licenses and/or certificates must be received on-line via www.coronado.ca.us /Quick Link "Employment" by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013. The most highly qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in an examination process, which may include a performance exercise and/or oral appraisal interview . Prior to employment, the selected candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment examination which includes fingerprinting, drug screening, and a Tuberculosis test. The selected candidate will also be required to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States.
The City of Coronado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Individuals with disabilities who will require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in any portion of the application, interview, and/or testing process may voluntarily request the accommodation from the City five working days prior to the requested accommodation. Documentation of the need for the accommodation may be required upon receipt of the request.
Note : The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
City of Coronado, CA - 13 months ago