The purpose of this position is to facilitate the provision of recreational activities for City citizens. This is accomplished by providing numerous forms of customer service at Joe Farmer Recreation Center. The main responsibility for this position will be to organize, plan and coordinate weekly Saturday Night Rec-N-Roll program activities and enforce safety rules for approximately 150-225 children who are in the 3rd grade through 6th grade, with a 25 children to 1 chaperone ratio.Other duties may include registering citizens for classes, camps and activities, processing POS transactions, registering citizens for membership, assisting in opening and closing duties, maintaining the facility, providing various administrative services and interfacing with other City employees and citizens.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Provides customer service by greeting members, answering and directing phone calls, providing facility information, including class schedules, hours of operation and policies, distributing equipment, supervising member activities within facility and by answering member questions and concerns.
- Registers citizens for classes, camps and activities by operating membership software, entering data, taking payments, filing records and providing members with pertinent information regarding the facility and registration.
- Processes POS transactions by operating CLASS Software, entering and recording sales transactions and taking payments.
- Registers citizens for membership by operating CLASS software, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed and filed, entering information into computer system and accepting payments.
- Assists in opening and closing facilities by organizing front desk work area, accounting for cash levels and printing reports for reconciliation of check/cash levels and record of daily transactions.
- Maintains facility, interior and exterior, by reporting complaints and problems, making calls for repair, handling customer complaints where appropriate, identifying current risk and forecasting potential problems.
- Provides various administrative services by ensuring safety in front lobby, assisting with development of brochures, signs and other marketing tools, maintaining adequate levels of supplies and marketing tools, assisting with special events and providing clerical based services.
- Program and implement all Rec-N-Roll activities.
- Oversee nine Rec-N-Roll chaperones and job assignments.
- Run program's marketing campaign, (i.e. post public service announcements to promote Saturday Night Rec-N-Roll program activities, deliver calendars to Allen elementary schools, update the Saturday Night Rec-N-Roll special events hotline with current activities, and develop posters, fliers and ads as needed). Monitor budget and complete weekly reports.
- Maintain (include purchasing) a prize bank and concession items.
- Keep up with all records and current parental membership forms.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. High School diploma required or equivalency (GED).
At least one year of relevant work experience coordinating recreation programs and events required. Excellent communication, customer service skills, intermediate computer skills, and ability to structure and lead group activites is necessary. Must be comfortable working around young children. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Drivers License
First Aid and CPR Certification
Monday through Friday 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM and two Saturday nights 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM per month supervising the Saturday night Rec N Roll youth program (maximum of 26 hours per week).
Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives directions: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.