The purpose of this position is to facilitate the provision of recreational activities for City citizens. This is accomplished by providing numerous forms of customer service at the Allen Community Ice Rink. Other duties may include registering citizens for classes, camps and activities, processing POS transactions, managing a cash till, registering citizens for membership, assisting in opening and closing duties, maintaining the facility, providing various administrative services and interfacing with other City employees and citizens. This position does not provide direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Provides customer service by greeting members, answering and directing phone calls, providing facility information, including class schedules, hours of operation and policies, distributing equipment, supervising member activities within facility and by answering member questions and concerns.
- Registers citizens for membership by operating MAX Enterprises or CLASS software, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed and filed, entering information into computer system and accepting payments.
- Assists in opening and closing facilities by organizing front desk work area, accounting for cash levels and printing reports for reconciliation of check/cash levels and record of daily transactions.
- Maintains facility, interior and exterior, by reporting complaints and problems, making calls for repair, handling customer complaints where appropriate.
- Provides various administrative services by ensuring safety in front lobby, assisting with development of brochures, signs and other marketing tools, maintaining adequate levels of supplies and marketing tools, assisting with special events and providing clerical based services.
- Registers citizens for classes, camps and activities by operating membership software, entering data, taking payments, filing records and providing members with pertinent information regarding the facility and registration.
- Processes POS transactions by operating MAX Enterprises or CLASS Software, entering and recording sales transactions and taking payments.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. High School diploma required or equivalency (GED).
No experience required.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Driver's License, First Aid Certification and CPR Certification or ability to obtain within four months of employment
Mornings (2 Openings)
Available Sunday through Saturday 5:45a.m.- 2:30p.m. on a rotating schedule.
Evenings (1 opening)
Available Sunday through Saturday 5:45pm - 12am on a rotating schedule.
Actual daily hours will fall within defined times and will vary based on rink programming.
Basic - Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Intermediate - Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives directions: The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Frequent: From 21% to 50% of work time.