Officiate and enforce rules for recreational adult ice hockey leagues. Applicant must have prior knowledge of the sport either as a participant or an official. Applicants must be USA hockey level 3 certified or High School ice hockey certified. Officials must maintain a recreational perspective when officiating. Perform immediate decision making that affects the game, including discipline. Hours include evenings and weekends. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age, posses a valid MN Driver’s License and have two seasons of participation or officiating an adult recreational league.
Essential Position Functions:
1. Possess technical and detailed knowledge of game rules and officiating techniques.
2. Understand and enforce all game and league rules pertaining to game play.
3. Ensure sportsmanlike conduct of participants and spectators by penalizing those who violate the rules of the game.
4. Prevent/mediate/resolve conflicts that may arise during game play.
5. Ensure proper completion of all scoring documents and report scores to supervisor.
6. Provide written and/or verbal reports on all incidents, protests, ejections and facility concerns no matter how minor.
7. Visually inspect and monitor conditions to ensure a safe playing environment.
8. Wear the appropriate officiating attire to all games.
9. Communicate and interact with a diverse participant population.
10. Maintain a positive, polite, considerate and cooperative attitude.
11. Behave and appear in a fair, consistent and professional manner.
12. Ability to work independently.
Other Position Functions:
1. Inform supervisor of any issues regarding the league.
2. Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: 100% indoors
1. Arenas can be as low as 35 degrees and as warm as 50 degrees at ice level.
2. Activity can be hectic while a game is in progress.
3. Hours of work include evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, ice skate and hear.
2. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, run, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
4. The employee must be able to move effectively on the ice, with ice skates, for up to three hours at a time.
1. Must be able to socially, physically and mentally perform all essential position functions under the working conditions as described.
2. Good knowledge of the fundamentals and rules of the game.
3. Two previous seasons of participation or officiating an adult recreational league.
4. Level three USA hockey certified and/or high school level certified.
5. Must have a valid MN Driver’s License.
6. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Two seasons of prior officiating experience of adult ice hockey leagues.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $40.04/hr
City of Egan - 4 months ago