The Recruiter must thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities, ensuring meticulous attention to detail. The Recruiter must be diplomatic & tactful at all times, understand the overall human resources function, be skillful in scanning the environment strategically to identify areas that need attention, and ensure confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information.
I. Perform non-exempt, exempt & technical recruitment-related activities, including but not limited to: 75%
SPECIAL PROJECTS 25%
- Upon receipt of approved Authorization to Recruit form, prepare & place employment ads online subsequent to approval of copy by Division Director, HR/OD & Hiring Manager
- Post open, approved positions internally including company email announcements & updating job boards;
- Ensure a continuous pipeline of candidates for each open position; proactively recommend strategy and next steps for additional advertising
- Screen resumes for non-exempt, exempt and technical positions at the beginning of each work day
- Schedule in-person interviews as well as schedule conference rooms for interviews
- Conduct phone & in person interviews for all ; collaborate with the Division Director of HR on executive level open positions
- Ensure internal controls for quality of hire are met by scheduling successive steps of each candidate’s interview process if they are advanced with other members of HR Team
- Update the Recruitment Report daily (email and shared HR drive), obtain approval of HR Division Director
- Prepare or revise position descriptions with Hiring Manager as needed
- Collaborate with Hiring Manager to create phone, in person & team behavior-based interview questions
- Continually update recruitment library of behavior-based interview questions & other recruitment documents in shared drive
- Administer pre-employment assessments in accord with recruiting guidelines
- Verify professional references using SOP for final candidates
- Manage communication and completion of background check process with vendor for all temporary and regular employees
- Extend offer to candidate verbally in accord with SOP; write and send written offer the same day
- Partner with approved temporary agencies to recruit temporary employees
- Advise managers on state and federal laws, and various regulations related to recruitment
- Communicate and train managers and employees on company policies and procedures regarding recruitment
- Focus on continuous process improvement in recruitment; make recommendations and discuss with Divisional Director, HR/OD
Salary Range: $75k - $85k
- Special projects as assigned by HR Division Director, e.g., Strategic Initiative support for Talent Management Solution (Cascading Goals, Job Builder, Applicant Tracking System, Learning Management System, )
- Success Metrics relating to Recruitment Reporting
- Affirmative Action Plan reporting for Recruitment
- Vets-100 Reporting
Managing Multiple Priorities - Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands. This is quite different from those who struggle to stay focused when faced with multiple priorities; focus only on one or two job priorities while neglecting others; and/or hesitate, complain or refuse to accept new procedures or assignments.
Quality of Work - Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards. This differs from those who cannot be relied upon to produce high quality work, pay little attention to detail, show little pride in a job well done and/or set a poor example for co-workers or direct reports.
Solving Problems - Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines those problems, investigates obstacles, gathers relevant information, decides whether solving the problem should be a group decision, generates and analyzes alternate solutions and arrives at a workable solution. This differs from those who are not proactive, typically get surprised when problems occur, attempt to solve problems without the right mix of people involved, push too quickly for solutions or generate solutions that are not viable.
Teamwork - Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. This is distinctly different from those who withhold ideas and opinions, offer ideas or opinions that rarely add value to team discussions, have established a track record with many unmet commitments, and/or have not contributed skills that complement the skills of others on the team.
BA in Psychology, Human Resources or related field ideal
- 3-5 years’ experience recruiting non-exempt, technical & exempt staff; HR Generalist experience a plus
- Working familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent grammar, spelling, writing & math skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking in organizational matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills: warmth, sensitivity to others, customer service focus in person& on the phone
CPP, Inc. - 11 months ago