The Recruiter/HR generalist is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting and executing the processes for the company.
Responsibilities and Authority:
Searches for and recruits qualified candidates to fill company openings utilizing resume databases, employee referrals, college recruiting, career fairs and social networking; ensures positions are filled in a timely manner.
Partners with hiring managers to define both short and long-term staffing needs.
Develops a pipeline of talent for future needs. Stays current on recruitment trends by building and maintaining a network of contacts in industry.
Screens and interviews candidates, conducts background screening of candidates.
Provides guidance to supervisors and employees related to hiring policies and procedures.
Posts and maintains openings in the applicant tracking database, with relevant job sites, and Millennium website.
Manages applicant process; maintains compliance with EEO and OFCCP regulations.
Maintains applicant flow data for Affirmative Action Plans
Arranges interviews; assembles and mails applicant packets; prepares offer letters.
Sends job announcements internally; promotes referral program when needed.
Develops and manages accurate recruiting reporting metrics, headcount reports and other reports as needed.
Continually improves the hiring process.
Searches for recruiting avenues for women and minority candidates.
Maintains resumes of current Millennium employees on internal site.
Coordinates and participates in Career Fairs as needed.
Prepares résumé acknowledgment and interview follow up correspondence to candidates.
Participate in hiring decisions and development of offers.
Train hiring managers on use of the applicant tracking system.
- Coordinates new or existing employee relocation.
- Drafts relocation agreements in compliance with the FAR.
- Tracks relocation expenses; reviews and approves relocation expense reports.
- Develops cost effective, customer responsive solutions to all aspects of relocation.
· General HR
- Maintains job descriptions; assists managers in creating job descriptions for new positions.
- Maintains knowledge of Company policies and procedures; participates in annual AS9100 quality audits
- Assist in response to Government proposals.
- Conducts New-Employee Orientation sessions and exit interviews as needed.
- Assists with HR projects and company events.
· Evaluation Metrics :
- High customer satisfaction by all internal and external customers.
- Management of internal systems to ensure statutory compliance.
- Timely recruitment of qualified staff for internal and client openings.
- Presenting a responsive and polished professional manner.
- Maintaining an accurate database of potential candidate resumes versus hiring needs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of full lifecycle recruiting and experience recruiting in a government contracting environment. Experience recruiting for Engineering positions preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws, OFCCP and EEO regulations, standard HR practices and procedures.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to interact effectively, and in a professional, tactful manner with candidates, employees and Senior Management.
- Proficient in using applicant tracking software.
- Metrics-oriented, analytical thinker who is able to analyze, interpret, present and act upon data.
- Strong computer and database application skills, and proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, PowerPoint, Word.)
- A high level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
- PHR Certification a plus.
- Experience using Deltek CostPoint a plus.
- Personal attributes: Results-driven, action-oriented, flexible, adaptable and collaborative with a positive attitude.
Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, or related field strongly preferred.
No security clearance required.
MEI offers a comprehensive benefits package. MEI is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. MEI does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also MEI's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 898
MEI is one of the nation's premier small, employee-owned businesses specializing in space systems, weapon systems, and advanced...