This role will report into the Director, Talent Acquisition for Global Commercial Operations and will support her on recruiting and developing talent strategies for the Patient Services Organization based in Raleigh Triangle Park, North Carolina. The Patient Services Organization is the face of Biogen Idec to the people who benefit from the company’s therapies. Biogen Idec’s goal is to educate patients and caregivers, provide services that reduce barriers to starting and staying on therapy, ensure patient safety and compliance with FDA standards, and support people in managing their therapy for long-term benefits. This is a unique recruiting opportunity that involves class-based hiring as well as the facilitation of internal movement of talent to foster career growth and to meet the needs of the business. In this capacity, the recruiter will be responsible for recruiting up to four classes of entry level talent yielding between ten to twenty finalists at a time, while managing the hiring process of approximately sixty internal hires annually. The individual will also provide direction and management support of up to two additional resources including a recruiting coordinator and part-time support from a shared resource. He or she will have responsibility for the following:
Driving the end-to-end recruiting process for class-based hiring:
• Developing a recruitment strategy for active and passive candidates, including partnering with a recruitment process outsourcing group;
• Establishing a schedule of interview days to yield the requisite number of final candidates;
• Managing the process both internally with the interview team and with the external vendors such as an RPO Team;
• Stewarding the interview process, including reviewing candidate screens, conducting interviews, and facilitating feedback sessions with the interview team;
• Providing recommendations to the hiring manager on selection of finalist candidates;
• Reviewing and escalating any background-checks;
• Preparing candidate offer package and closing strategies in tandem with the hiring manager, compensation and HR business partners;
• Negotiating and extending job offers, and,
• Following-up to ensure appropriate on-boarding procedures.
Facilitating internal movement of talent to foster career growth and meet the needs of the business:
• Partnering with the business and HR to understand work-force planning needs for the organization;
• Managing the internal movement process so that when one role is filled internally, there is a plan to backfill the individual who just moved into the new role;
• Working with the business to provide transparency and efficiency into the internal selection process; and,
• Developing deep relationships with talent at all levels to understand the strengths of the internal talent and potential gaps.
Developing strategic solutions to optimize recruiting and providing updates to the business:
• Identifying obstacles that slow the recruitment process down and provide options to overcome them;
• Understanding of the labor market and how to attract and assess talent; and,
• Creating solutions in partnership with HR and the business and delivering it in a clear, concise manner both written and orally.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensuring compliance with systems and processes;
• Representing Biogen Idec at relevant career fairs, networking events, college fairs, diversity events, etc.;
• Assuring that staffing activities are conducted in compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal guidelines;
• Supporting onboarding activities for class-based hiring and,
• Educating FTE’s on staffing policies and procedures.
US-NC-Research Triangle Park
The ideal candidate has 5 to 7 years of full life-cycle recruiting experience with some portion in a corporate (non-agency) environment. The recruiter has one or more areas of well-defined functional expertise such as IT, R&D, Commercial, etc. This individual should also have proven expertise in the common tools, processes and applications used in full lifecycle recruiting (i.e. ATS systems, social networking, onboarding, etc.) He or she will have:
• Demonstrated ability to provide value-adding recruiting-related advice to hiring managers and influence talent decisions;
• Experience linking recruitment strategy to the organization’s talent strategy;
• Knowledge of the labor market(s) in which the recruiter recruits;
• Prior experience with internal candidate mobility and talent management facilitation in a leadership development capacity is preferred;
• Experience managing a third-party agency to conduct sourcing and/or a recruitment process outsourcing;
• Familiarity with work-force planning metrics and techniques;
• Development of competency based interview guides, process and training;
• Track record of developing strong relationships with business and HR stakeholders; and,
• Management of high-volume recruiting and/or class-based recruitment.
Qualified candidates will be high performing individuals who possess the following attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal skills/highly collaborative;
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
• Ability to cultivate broad internal/external network;
• Strong operational skills; project/timeline management capabilities;
• Effective problem-solving skills;
• Excellent Judgment and prioritization skills;
• Ability to anticipate issues before they reach crisis point; and
• Demonstrated learning agility.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, MA or MBA preferred.
Biogen Idec - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...