General Sales Manager
Account Sales Managers, Merchandisers
Red Bull Distribution Company (RBDC) is the largest distributor in North America of Red Bull products, including Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree, Red Bull Total Zero and Red Bull Editions. Currently, we have 32 distribution centers in these 13 markets across the country: Northern California, Southern California, Las Vegas, Denver, San Antonio, Detroit, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, North Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami. We are also adding distribution centers in the Central California, Arizona, & Utah markets.
This position will be based in our RBDC distribution center in Pleasantville, NJ. Desired candidates will reside in the Pleasantville area. Relocation assistance will not be offered to applicants who reside outside of this area.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Lead, Coach, and Train a High performing team of Red Bull Distribution Company Account Managers to ensure the implementation of Red Bull's Standards of Executional Excellence in the Market.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Establish Sales/Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets for each assigned Account Manager and appropriately manage the execution of these monthly KPI's. This includes, but is not limited to, feedback/coaching, corrective counseling, and performance reviews.
- Spend a minimum of 3 full day route rides ( gate to gate ) per week. The primary purpose of the route rides is to train, develop, and evaluate the performance of the Account Manager and the conditions of his/her market.
- Teaching your Account Managers selling skills, this may include cold-calling, overcoming objections and retail math skills as well as understanding the different buying personalities of decision makers.
- Conduct regular Account Manager meetings/workshops to improve operational expertise and recognize/reward results.
- Establish and maitain regular and on-going communications with retail partners/decision makers in order to successfully implement national/local programming.
- Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices. Act as a major contributor/leader among peer group.
- Build a diverse organization that reflects the marketplace; lives to Red Bull's values and inspires team through effective leadership.
- Ensure the Account Manager team understands and adheres to Company standards and operating procedures.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree or a minimum of 3 to 5 years' industry related experience which includes:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Direct Store Delivery (DSD) management, including proven track record of meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives
- strong leadership skills to provide mentoring, training or corrective feedback
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being able to prepare presentation materials and present the information one-on-one and in a group
- strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- an understanding of computer ordering systems and other IT systems
- must be at least 21 years old
- DOT medical card required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Red Bull North America, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink around...