Head of Finance
Red Bull Distribution Company (RBDC) is the largest distributor in North America of Red Bull products, including Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree, Red Bull Total Zero and Red Bull Editions. Currently, we have 32 distribution centers in these 13 markets across the country: Northern California, Southern California, Las Vegas, Denver, San Antonio, Detroit, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, North Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami. We are also adding distribution centers in the Central California, Arizona, & Utah markets.
This position will be based in our Red Bull office in Dallas, Texas. Desired candidates will reside in the Dallas area. Relocation assistance will not be provided to candidates who live outside this area.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The Financial Analyst will support the Head of Finance with planning, reporting and analysis for Red Bull Distribution Company, Inc. The position requires daily use of multiple planning and analysis applications that help ensure financial transparency to executive management. This involves significant interaction with the Head of Finance and multiple levels of the Distribution & RBDC Shared Services teams. A key element of this role will be to build cross departmental relationships to aid in the planning, reporting and analysis of volume, revenue, and expenditures across RBDC.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES TO ENSURE ACHIEVEMENT OF KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES
1. Planning, Reporting and Analysis
a. Support the Head of Finance with monthly reporting and analysis of sales and distribution results, preparing variance analyses against PY, BP and Revised Forecasts
b. Develop collaborative relationships with the DOD, RSMs and GSMs to develop reasonable and realistic sales forecasts
c. Prepare monthly Indirect analysis and work with RSM’s & GSM's on identifying areas of improvement
d. Assist the Head of Finance in developing a monthly Financial Reporting Package for leadership team
e. Work with HR and Shared Services to provide insightful reporting and analysis on Indirects expenses
2. Financial System Administration and Capabilities
a. Become a power user of source systems SAP, BI, Hyperion, and Encompass
b. Utilize the Excel, Access and source systems to develop insightful reporting and analysis that will drive efficiencies in the business
c. Enter company financial forecasts and planning information into source systems
d. Work with RBNA during the financial planning calendar, meeting all critical deadlines
e. Ensures financial processes and routines are consistent across all RBDC locations
3. Distribution and Sales Analysis
a. Work with Head of Finance to develop and build a Cost to Serve model to provide insight into our profitability across channels
b. Assist in the development of Activity Based Costing analysis to understand cost drivers in the system and their impact on profitability
4. Ad-hoc Analysis
a. Work with Head of Finance, DOD and President on various projects and reports as needed
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES (WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE)
- Perform administration, maintenance and input into the financial planning applications (SAP BI, SAP ERP and Hyperion Planning) independently and accurately.
- Consistent and effective approach to managing assigned tasks
- Manage administration of controlling applications & compliance documentation independently and accurately.
- Become subject matter expert of controlling and reporting applications to deliver financial transparency and accountability.
- Establish strong working relationships with HQ finance, shared services and profit center management personnel.
- Proactively provide analysis and insight into monthly results.
- Other duties as assigned and needed
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university required.
- Three to five years of work experience, preferably in the CPG/DSD industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient with pivot tables, table arrays, decision trees and / or hierarchies. Familiarity with SAP & Hyperion a plus.
- Must be able to manage significant amounts of data to be analyzed.
- Experience of independently managing projects and delivering results on-time, accurately and successfully.
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of management and persuasively present financial issues to non-finance personnel.
- Strong analytical skills and adept at identifying trends and variances.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, financial and analysis skills.
- Travel 5% or as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office environment in which the noise level is usually moderate.
Red Bull North America, Inc. - 13 months ago
You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink around...