Red Bull Distribution Company - HR Business Partner, Denver
Director, Human Resources
Red Bull Distribution Company (RBDC) is the largest distributor in North America of Red Bull products, including Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree, Red Bull Total Zero and Red Bull Editions. Currently, we have 32 distribution centers in these 13 markets across the country: Northern California, Southern California, Las Vegas, Denver, San Antonio, Detroit, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, North Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami. We are also adding distribution centers in the Central California, Arizona, & Utah markets.
This position will be based in our RBDC distribution center in Denver, Colorado, however will oversee our distribution centers in Denver, Colorado Springs, San Antonio, and Salt Lake City. Desired candidates will reside in the Denver area. Relocation assistance will not be offered to applicants who reside outside of this area.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The HR Business Partner is responsible for proactively leading all aspects of strategic and tactical HR support for their designated region. Although serving as the single point of contact for all people related issues, the HR BP is focused on Talent Management, HR metrics, identifying Training & Development opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and legal compliance. The HR BP understands the business beyond the HR function and influences the overall organization to ensure superior operations and business outcomes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
· Deliver the full range of HR generalist services to managers and employees with emphasis on employee relations, compliance, benefits administration, recruiting and implementation for HR programs. Direct responsibility for the knowledge, application and compliance with current labor laws, rules and regulations.
· Ability to provide guidance on managing complex organizational and people issues. In charge of employee relations including, investigations, employee counseling and documentation, and the termination process.
· Partners with Regional Sales Manager and Training & Development to identify regional training opportunities.
· Partners with Recruiting to manage full life cycle recruiting, including participating in regional management selection process.
· Guide managers through the performance management process to maximize the achievement of business goals. Ensure that evaluations and recommendations are completed timely and within guidelines.
· Participate in Monthly regional business reviews to present HR metrics and identify any areas of opportunity.
· Coordinate all leave of absences including ensuring proper documentation and notifications are processed through leave administration.
· Works in conjunction with mangers to establish short and long-term staffing strategies designed to deliver on key organizational metrics (i.e. cost per hire, time to fill, customer satisfaction, etc).
· Provides training & education to management on the interviewing techniques, sexual harassment, management basics.
· Ability to travel as needed, up to 50% and occassionally with little notice
· Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 7 years’ industry related experience which includes:
· Minimum 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience for a multi-site organization, with at least 3 years of strategic partnership experience
· Track record of strong business partnership within a matrix environment: a strategic leader who takes initiative and ownership
· Track record of cross-functional collaboration and adapting national strategies at a local/regional level
· Experience maintaining strict confidentiality of data and information
· Experience in understanding and translating the priorities of the business and integrating the HR value proposition and strategies to meet the needs of the business
· Collaborative leader who seeks to leverage other’s expertise in pursuit of establishing best practices
· Ability to influence and manage through local and national initiatives
· Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee engagement, performance, and retention
· Self-starter with creative mind and a track record of putting ideas into practice and assessing results
· Proven experience working "solo" in an HR department with demonstrated success in a fast paced, fast growing business environment.
· Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding Human Resources issues.
· The talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and attention to detail. Deliver to deadlines with strong follow-up skills, problem resolution and strategic thinking
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with familiarity of HR Information Systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office environment in which the noise level is usually moderate.
You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink around...