Position Title: Reference/lnstruction Librarian (Part-Time) (Newton Campus)
NWT-Learning Resource Ctr
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Georgia Perimeter College seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, service-oriented part-time Librarian for the Newton Campus who participates in reference services, library instruction, collection development, and circulation in a team environment. The part-time Librarian will possess excellent customer service skills, and a focus on information literacy. The part-time Librarian will serve both face-to-face and online students and faculty.
A minimum of one (1) year of experience in reference and/or other library public services departments is preferred. Experience in an academic setting is preferred. Evidence of initiative and innovation in academic library service and experience in providing library instruction is preferred.
A minimum of a Master's degree (MLS/MLIS) from an American Library Association accredited college or university is required.
- The successful candidate must be committed to working with students, staff and faculty of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
- Proficiency with library catalog, Voyager ILS circulation module, Microsoft Office software, and GALILEO databases.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and Saturdays.
Position requires local travel between campuses and off-campus sites to perform required duties, attend meetings, and to fulfill other responsibilities. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Ability to exert up to twenty-five (25) pounds of force by occasionally transporting boxes, handouts, files or other materials. Ability to perform keyboarding functions. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.
A Criminal History Check is Required.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and Saturdays.
Open Until Filled
$17.621 per hour. Maximum 19 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date:
Required Applicant Documents:
Georgia Perimeter College - 20 months ago