Park University is seeking an energetic librarian to be part of a team providing reference and instructional services to the university community.
The Reference Librarian is a member of the Reference team responsible for providing the Library's instructional and reference functions. This librarian also serves as the liaison to one or more academic departments, providing outreach, instruction and collection development for those departments. This position is a full-time twelve month tenure-track faculty position, reporting to the Director of Library Services. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The ideal candidate is passionate about teaching and learning; dedicated to developing meaningful working relationships with students, faculty, and staff across the university; eager to contribute his/her interests and ideas for new and innovative services and resources; and committed to actively contributing to Park University’s mission.
- Staffs library front desk in rotation with other staff
- Develops instructional videos and develops and maintains research guides for assigned areas
- Actively promotes library services and collections to university community and seeks active partnerships and collaboration opportunities with faculty colleagues at Park and at other institutions
- Develops and uploads reference and instruction related materials to library Facebook page
- Collaborates with course developers and instructional designers to integrate library instruction and services into course shells
- Masters of Library Science/Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school, required.
- Previous reference and instruction experience in an academic library required. Experience using the Internet, online databases, and other electronic resources required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills consistent with a commitment to cultural diversity and user-centered library services, including flexibility, enthusiasm, and approachability.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Knowledge of reference and research skills
- Ability to manage change and work in a team environment. Willingness to collaborate and communicate with team members and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of library theory and practices as well as current techniques and trends in librarianship
- Ability and desire to learn and implement appropriate technologies
Qualified candidates should upload a curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, cover letter and three professional references. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Position will remain open until filled.
About Park University:
The Park University main campus is located in the Kansas City suburb of Parkville, Missouri, on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River. We serve more than 25,000 students annually from our home campus and 40 campus centers, and via online courses. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
Park University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from woman and minorities. All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Park University - 30+ days ago
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...