Regional Account Executive
(RAE) will identify opportunities, overcome obstacles, work in collaboration with Direct and Key Account Executives, State Teams and field leadership within a defined geography. The RAE will deliver business contracts, reports and updates on all contracted business and deliver superior customer service to their targeted customers. This individual will be responsible for a defined customer base and will need to proactively identify opportunities within targeted accounts across all channels of business. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for uncovering additional direct contracting opportunities within an assigned geography. The selected candidate will execute strategic business solutions to address all internal and external opportunities. Roles include working with external customers which do not have interest in directly contracting with UCB, implementing and executing strategic operating tactics, enhancing access, communicating reimbursement, and pull-through for all market channels. This individual will also be charged with facilitating and maintaining relationships with key State Medicaid stakeholders within the assigned geography. External customers may include commercial health plans, long term care (LTC) and institutions, State Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, GPO’s, Specialty Dist., Specialty Pharmacy etc. This candidate should be comfortable leading and coordinating teams of people that work within their markets to maximize access, performance and relationships.
- Lead evaluation and implementation of all direct contracting opportunities for assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain the Managed Markets customer level operating plan incorporating brand level plans with the UCB/MM strategic plan.
- Participate in the development of strategies with multiple customers and segments, assessing the business impact and return on customer specific investments.
- Achieves sales, market share growth, and ROI targets focusing on patients, customer needs and UCB business goals.
- Understanding and communicating coverage, reimbursement and all aspects of how UCB products are managed in the payer space
- Collaboration with Direct/Key AEs, sales leadership, and field representatives to develop strategic initiative to maximize pull through at the local level.
- Knowledge of brands, customers and their business environment to provide a basis for profitable partnering, regional accounts
- Keen understanding of customer including business model, financial and marketing strategy, medical and pharmacy reimbursement, disease management and outcomes
- Penetration of account across multiple points of contact with regional key customers
- Create and maintains strategic operating plans for each key customer. This plan incorporates overall strategy with specific and measurable tactics in order to capitalize on all business opportunities while maximizing the return on investment.
- Develop and lead multi-disciplined customer teams, aligning key customer and UCB functional areas including Operations/Finance, Medical, Legal, Marketing, Area Sales, Field Sales, Disease Management and Executive Management.
- Develop and lead Regional Account pull-through teams, focused on implementation with strategic regional, national, and Medicaid customers.
- Takes a leadership position within the team regarding the sharing of ideas and offering options to various situations.
- 3+ years of demonstrated performance in (at least 1) of the following areas: Field Sales, Medical, Managed Markets or Marketing.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence with operating plan development, business acumen, contract proposal development, negotiation and analysis
- Demonstrated excellence in account management, relationship development and account penetration.
- Demonstrated excellence in building and developing high performing teams.
- Outstanding performance as Regional Account Executive and demonstrated leadership skills in managing, developing and influencing teams.
Specific skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business or equivalent work experience
UCB is an equal opportunity employer - we value and encourage diversity in the workplace.
- Expertise in managed care, pharma distribution, competitive trends, reimbursement
- Experience in leading and developing contracting, launching, or gaining access with payers in CNS, Oncology, RA, or Crohn’s Disease therapeutic areas.
- Good negotiation and account management skills with complex customers.
- Demonstrated strength in business planning and tactical plan development and execution.
- Extensive knowledge in multiple Managed Markets channels including commercial, Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, Medicare Part D, and Medicare Part B
- Excellent understanding of basic finance, ROI and profitability analysis.
- Excellent understanding of clinical and marketing information on UCB and competitor’s products.
- Strong technology skills (e.g. computer skills – power point, excel, word, internet web sites)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility to meet customer demands.