Territories: Upper Mid-West (MN, WI,SD,ND,KS and MO)
The successful candidate is responsible for working within the Managed Markets Organization to gain profitable access for Biogen Idec products on targeted payor and Specialty Pharmacy formularies. The candidate is also responsible for development of high-level business-to-business relationships with Payor, Specialty Pharmacy, and PBM Customers. This position will require a candidate to provide leadership and influence to the internal organization and sales colleagues to maximizing the revenue impact associated with these formulary positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategic Business Focus:
• Responsible for identifying areas of greatest managed care impact (Payor, Specialty Pharmacy, PBM) and prioritizing account targets through use of internal and customer resources
• Responsible for developing and implementing a strategy and subsequent tactical plan for maximizing access and share growth at these priority accounts
• Integrates with sales teams, marketing, and other internal stakeholders to develop and implement selling tactics that align with regional managed care objectives
• Understand financial concepts and contracting strategies/ issues to including legal and best price implications
• Responsible for being the lead MMR contact within aligned Sales Regions to ensure alignment around strategies/tactics and ownership of goals/timelines responsible for pull and push through
• Team with National Account Managers, as appropriate, to ensure that strategy is executed with regional affiliates of National Health Plans and regional clients of PBMs.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work cross-functionally (i.e. Marketing, sales, analytics, contracting) to develop alignment around a strategic approach to maximizing the sales with a priority account
• Ensures consistent implementation of account strategy and tactics across the geographic selling organization
• Ability to look for alignment between Biogen Idec brand strategy and managed care customer objectives.
• Ensures that all contracts are negotiated and implemented in the company’s best interest.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the sales force, marketing and managed markets leadership regarding account-specific programs, activities and pull-through messages
• Reviews internal data bases and other resources to assist in formulating sales strategy and maximize pull-through opportunities.
• Understand the full impact of contract performance and present clear, concise results to internal and external customers via QBR.
Territory Management / Sales Administration:
• Appropriately manage operating expense budget.
• Submits timely expenses to manager.
• Comply with all compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Maintains call reports and other management records as directed by supervisor
• Builds a network of contacts within targeted accounts beyond Pharmacy and Medical director. Must have ability to penetrate account and develop effective B2B relationships
• Sets account strategy in alignment with customer goals and objectives. Ability to seek out and understand customer and organizational objectives
• Comprehensive follow through on customer commitments without exception
The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or associated field. An MBA is a plus. 5-7 years in pharmaceutical and or health care sales including experience with different account/customer types. Prior experience in managed care with a pharmaceutical company or managed care organization is required. Full understanding and previous experience in the Payor, Specialty Pharmacy and Public payor channel required and an ability to sell a Biotech Value-proposition in these lines of business. Ability to work well with and influence peers, sales teams and management. Demonstrated communication skills. Prior experience in pharmaceutical district management or general management is preferred. Ability to work independently. Candidate must be able to travel; overnight travel is required for, routine customer contact as well as sales and planning meetings. Overnight travel &
gt;40% Education The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or associated field. An MBA is a plus.
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives of...