Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Tenet is currently hiring for a Regional Coding Specialist, located in FL. As the Regional Coding Specialist you will get to work in the comfort of your own home and be responsible for accurate coding and abstracting of clinical information from medical records. Other duties include:
- Demonstrated ability to code/abstract patient health documentation with 95.5% accuracy rate
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Tenet coding productivity standards
- Demonstrated ability to code/abstract for region facilities as assigned for coverage of coding vacancies, coder vacations, illness, backlogs, etc.
- Attendance fort Tenet Coding Workshops for inpatient and outpatient coding. Attends other coding updates and all coding conference calls, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to master Tenet systems utilized across the coding continuum, such as the 3M encoder, HPF, PBAR, utilizing CARDS
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities, accommodate reasonable schedule variation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as well as to effectively collaborate with hospital staff, RHIMD, peers, etc.
- Demonstrated familiarity with various billing implications related to coding, rebill implications, overpayment observations and/or collaboration with the Compliance Department as needed to provide examples and/or escalate concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in training needs for new RCS hires, hospital coding management, etc. as needed.
- Report monitoring and quarterly audits for facilities
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
correlating professional credential preferred (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, etc.)
- Successful completion of at least one AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) certified program with achievement of the
- Minimum of four years of Medicare inpatient and outpatient coding experience
- Supervisory or team lead experience preferred
682-Tenet Florida Service Center - Boca Raton, FL
Tenet Healthcare - 2 years ago