Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland, Wilmington, Ohio and Gainesville, Georgia. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com .
The position is responsible for ensuring access to Alkermes Products through appropriate public payers and managed care markets. The person will develop and execute public and managed care payer strategies targeted regional/national plans that are to minimize barriers to access, solve reimbursement issues and drive sales Alkermes Products. The person will work within a cross function team focusing on various classes of trade and influencer organizations; Managed Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Behavioral Health Organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Management organizations and Specialty Pharmacies. The person will work closely with the Area Sales Leader (ASL) and Addiction Recovery Associates (ARA) to appropriately support health care provider in the area with their reimbursement needs.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure appropriate reimbursement by assigned national and regional payers
• Educate ARAs and health care provider on reimbursement of our products
• Provide regional strategic direction and prioritization and to understand regional funding streams to provide unencumbered access to Alkermes Products
• Develop sustainable corporate relationship that will all for continued growth of current and future products.
• Understand and be able to work within our core class of trade: – Managed Care – Medicaid – Medicare – Specialty Pharmacy & PBMs – Behavioral Health Organizations
• 10+ year of pharmaceutical experience • 5+ years of reimbursement management experience
• Expert in the field of reimbursement of pharmaceutical / biotech products • Experience working with commercial plans and government agencies • Strong analytical, strategic and influencing skills
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Experience with injectables, buy and bill, CNS, mental health strongly preferred
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Alkermes, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard