The Regional Disease Management Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse reports to the High Risk Program Manager and is responsible for the oversight of Disease Management Programs and the High Risk Program for our centers in South Pinellas County. The CM1 acts under the direction of the clinical supervisor and/or physician, in the provision of direct patient care in accordance with the JSA Medical Group protocols and established standards of nursing practice.
Perform telephonic Case Management, which includes patient clinical assessment, education regarding disease and early symptom identification. Participates in the identification, collection, and analysis of data for potential enrollment of members to the Disease Management program.
Applies critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques to the disease management process. Accurately conducts a thorough and objective holistic assessment of the patients’ current status, including psychosocial, physical, financial, and educational needs, prognosis, and past and present treatment course and services. Partners with physicians for effective clinical management and utilization of resources for patient population. Provides clinical direction and coordination to the interdisciplinary team to formulate and implement a plan of care. Maintains current knowledge of disease processes, available resources, and treatment options appropriate to patient population. Consistently documents all activities according to policy, including automated systems. Continuously demonstrates a positive attitude and understanding of case/disease management, supports team building, and is motivated to fulfill department objectives. Consistently demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills with supervisor, case manager, physicians, clinic staff, and corporate personnel. Identifies opportunities and readily participates in performance improvement activities. Acts as a liaison for member as needed. Ability to educate member as well as clinic personnel on the DM Program.
- High School diploma, LPN or RN licensure in the State of Florida
- Five years experience in the healthcare field, 2 years Case Management/Disease Management experience preferred, Critical Care experience preferred
- CCM certification preferred
- Knowledge and skill in the application of the techniques and practices of the nursing profession.
- Ability to understand and implement case and disease management philosophy and principles
- Ability to explain medical instruction to members and their families.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Members and their families, JSA, Health Plans and local personnel.
- Ability to learn and understand appropriate Federal, State and local regulations
- Ability to interact and deal tactfully with the public
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language fluently
- Computer skills required (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel locally
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
JSA Healthcare Corporation, a HealthCare Partners company, has been in business since 1969 and is a leading provider of primary care health...