Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
As the Regional Loss Prevention & Safety Manager you will be responsible for providing the leadership required for executing and overseeing the Loss Prevention & Safety programs, policies and procedures, and ensuring adherence to state and federal regulations to insure continuous improvement. This will include establishing a strong partnership with the General Manager and leadership team at each facility to ensure the safety of all associates as well as security of the building and product in addition to supporting physical security controls, and managing guard services at each facility. You will also be responsible for creating programs that will reduce expose to shrink as well as workplace injuries and the cost of injuries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide Loss Prevention & Safety leadership and direction including development of strategy for their assigned Distribution Center(s)
• Provide front-line support to DC General Managers and staff.
• Lead the local DC Safety & Health Teams.
• Provide leadership for DC Loss Prevention personnel as assigned, in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
• Working with outside agencies (e.g., federal, state and local regulators and law enforcement officials, etc.), as necessary.
• Ensure assigned DC's and stores are in compliance with corporate loss prevention & safety policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
• Communicate and interpret policies, procedures and regulations for management and associates.
• Monitor and report on effectiveness of policies and research and recommend changes to policies.
• Research and recommend equipment selection related to safety
• Maintain and update all safety reporting records to include OSHA 300 log in accordance with OSHA requirements
• Administer and monitor facility safety training program to include, but not limited to forklift, blood borne pathogens, hazard communication, material handling, lockout tagout, lifting, to ensure associates are trained in accordance with company policies and procedures and performing activities in a safe manner.
• Directs the investigation and resolution of all Loss Prevention related activities in the DCs.
• Initiates and reacts to Loss Prevention investigations into potential loss or violations of Company policy
• Oversee the investigation of all accidents, recommend preventive solutions, follow through on agreed upon preventive solutions
• Work with outside insurance adjusters, loss control personnel and fire protection engineers that are reviewing facilities
• Ensures that all investigations and resolutions comply with applicable federal, state and local laws as well as Company policy
• Assists Regional Loss Prevention Managers in developing strategies to improve inventory shrinkage and operational compliance within the distribution area of each facility
• Train DC leadership (Managers, Supervisors, etc.) in accident investigation techniques and methodology
• Develop and maintain on-going shrinkage awareness program within their assigned Distribution Center(s)
• Provides direct support to the DC inventory process
• Conducts Loss Prevention and inventory shrinkage training sessions for DCs
• Perform regular, repeatable and documented inspections of facilities.
• Create reports and forward to senior management with recommendations for improvement
• Performs special projects at the direction of the Director, Loss Prevention & Safety
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Environmental Health and Safety or similar field with concentration on occupational health and safety and related disciplines required. Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant and related loss prevention or safety experience with measurable and demonstrable achievements in the implementation of loss prevention or safety plans and process improvements/objectives of a major operation. Previous experience in a distribution center/warehousing/retail environment desired. Knowledge of all pertinent laws and regulations as applicable to a DC/Retail environment as well as fire and disaster prevention and protection required.
You will need the:
• Ability to identify and communicate health and safety challenges and opportunities to remote direct management required.
• Motivate all levels of personnel in assigned facilities regarding health and safety issues. Collaborate with safety peers at other locations to ensure seamless delivery of health and safety policies and procedures.
• Appropriate Interview and Interrogation Techniques Certification (e.g., Wicklander-Zulawski, Reid, etc.), certified Fraud Examiner designation and/or Health and Safety certification(s) desired.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Proven management experience and leadership skills
• Exceptional investigative and interviewing skills
• Solid knowledge and understanding of loss prevention & safety activities, especially pertaining to distribution facilities
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal communication (i.e., verbal and written) skills
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of all applicable analytical reporting
• Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications (e.g., Excel, etc.) and SAP with the ability to provide accurate and timely reporting of data.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 4 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...