NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Regional Manager to lead teams of Field Managers on data collection projects.
Reporting to the Vice President of Field Operations. This position is responsible for overseeing administrative functions within the Northeast region.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recruit and staff field interviewers for project caseload within region, in accordance with project specifications.
- Serve as Field Project Manager on projects, directly supervising Field Managers, and participating in development of financial and production planning, and monitoring cost and production for the data collection assigned to FI’s in the areas supervised by these FM’s.
- Develop and/or review drafts of training manuals, home study exercises, and other project specific materials.
- Coordinate field staffing, mentoring, support, and administrative supervision of field managers and field interviewers. Evaluate performance of project field staff, both weekly and formally at the close of the field period, and provide feedback.
- Conduct and/or assist at project specific trainings, as a member of NORC’s training team or as a project FPM.
- Reconcile monies as advanced to FI’s and FM’s during the course of the project for Respondent fees and/or travel.
- Develop and/or work with project specific production projections. Intervene with FM’s and FI’s when performance is not matching expectations and consult with other RM’s if these staff are from outside the FPM’s region, etc.
- May act as a Field Manager on a project as needed .
- Participate in ongoing communication with the Vice President, Associate Director for Field Operations, other RM’s, and Field Managers of all levels through regularly scheduled conference calls.
- Monitor overhead budget items for area of responsibility, such as use of overtime and overhead hours, telephone, and miscellaneous other direct expense charging.
- Lead an annual field initiative, and/or an ongoing field responsibility.
- Provide input to proposals.
- Create a climate of innovation by leading development of new ideas/process for project and process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NORC Field Management experience is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both in person and on the telephone;
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, and methods of survey research through experience in the field;
- Understanding of field sampling procedures;
- Strong skills in problem and conflict resolution and the ability to handle multiple, conflicting responsibilities;
- Skills in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Office, survey programs and a case management system - candidates must have access to high speed coverage in home offices;
- Ability to quickly grasp new computer systems;
- Strong supervisory knowledge and skills;
- Ability to evaluate cost and production data and take appropriate action when necessary;
- Ability to conduct case by case reviews and offer solutions during field period;
- Strong skills in time management, personal organization, and setting of priorities to meet all project needs in a timely fashion.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Knowledge of industry related software, such as SPSS, SAS, and other data analysis software
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally-protected characteristics.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard