Lead full cycle strategic recruiting to implement and manage effective, results-driven sourcing and recruiting that meets SJH regional goals and objectives across clinical and non-clinical areas. The role will be responsible for collaborating on workforce planning, developing sourcing strategies, building recruiting plans, ensuring pre-qualification and presentation of top candidates to hiring managers, leading and facilitating post interview calibration processes, and developing and negotiating offers with candidates. This position will work closely with Recruiting Administration Teams, Hiring Managers at Ministries throughout the region, and other Talent & Organization Effectiveness leadership and professionals in key areas, including workforce planning.
1. Participate in Regional workforce planning with Regional Talent Acquisition Manager, HR Partners, Talent & Organization Effectiveness COE, and Ministry leadership to identify skill, capability, and roles required to support Regional goals and objectives
2. In collaboration with Hiring Managers, develop pro-active sourcing strategies that support short and long term Regional goals and objectives
3. Participate in design, build, implementation, and management of strategic sourcing and talent acquisition programs – such as University Relations, Employee Identify, intern programs, rotational development programs, employee referral programs
4. Build key regional talent pipelines through continuous sourcing and attending relevant industry conferences, professional group meetings and other events to target top talent
5. Develop recruiting plans to meet short and longer term Functional, Ministry, and Regional needs
6. Partner with hiring managers to define requirements for open positions
7. Work with Recruiting Administration Teams to screen and qualify the top candidates to present to hiring managers
8. Conduct and lead post interview calibration sessions with hiring managers to ensure process to evaluate and compare candidates and select highest quality candidates
9. Develop and close competitive offers in collaboration with HR Partners and hiring managers
10. Build strong partnerships with Regional HR partners and leadership, Ministry Operations Leadership and Management, and Recruiting Administration Teams, and work collaboratively to understand business and operational strategies for the region
11. Pro-actively participate in and provide subject matter expertise (SME) in Functional, Ministry, and Regional workforce planning
12. Identify opportunities to continuously improve Talent Acquisition processes, approaches, tools, and outcomes
Assists with special projects and/or research as requested.
Perform projects, research, and deliverables independently with guidance and support from the HR leadership team.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Excellent project management and organization/planning skills
Expert communication skills
Strong presentation skills
Team player with ability to work with various stakeholders & levels of employees/executives
Strong knowledge of systems and systems implementations
Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
Proactive initiative and communication style
High degree of personal accountability
Excellent relationship-building and consultative skills
Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Effective interpersonally to be able to influence others and collaborate
Expert ability to use multiple systems to extract data and/or information
Advanced knowledge of Power-point, Excel, and Access applications
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Follows all policies developed by the Information Systems Department to support change management, confidentiality, and security.
Respects the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients.
Maintains organizational, employee, and patient confidentiality at all times.
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Reports promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws, regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in related investigation.
Conducts all transactions in compliance with all company policies, procedures, standards and practices.
Demonstrates knowledge of all applicable compliance and legal requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the position.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
B.S. or B.A. in related fields
5-8 years in Strategic Talent Acquisition functions
License / Certification:
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience with recruiting in a health care provider organization
Proven success identifying and attracting top talent using innovative but cost effective recruiting methods including direct sourcing
Healthcare experience strongly preferred
Works in a fast-paced office environment
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Talent & Org Effectiveness
Covenant Medical Center
Yes, 75 % of the Time
St. Joseph Health - 17 months ago