This position will manage the Merrell, Chaco, and Patagonia Footwear product collections for the Latin American / Asia Pacific region. This position is responsible for line-building and lifecycle management, while delivering sales and margin targets.
- Drives, manages and edits all regional inputs to the global product process for the design and development of market right product for the LAAP region.
- Develops the line management and merchandising strategy for the LAAP line which feeds into the global development process. Key contact between Regional Managers, Distributors, and Global Product Development.
- Organizes and prepares reports, market intelligence and information to provide for the timely and efficient input into all stages of the global development process.
- Identify opportunities and needs for regional SMUs and manages the development process of these SMUs with the Global PD team. Monitors and analyzes outcome of SMU requests / business.
- Identify opportunities and needs for counterseasonal products and manages the development process of these products. Monitors and analyzes outcome of counterseasonal requests / business.
- Serves as a leading contributor in Product Meetings and Sales Meetings.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of each Distributor or Country’s positioning & strategies for the ODG brands. Assures new product concepts are in line with brand objectives.
- Keeps abreast of trends and consumer needs, understanding competitors in the LAAP Markets
- Manages the LAAP sample requirements, working with Account Management and Global Product Development
- Monitors PO Pending Report and proactively recommends solutions to reduce order cancellations
- Performs other duties / special projects as required / assigned by Manager.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business or equivalent work experience.
- Fundamental understanding of the relationship Btween product, sales, marketing and the account base. Experience in or interest in International Markets.
- 5+ years experience including retail buying, ales, and product development, with some footwear, but all in the consumer roducts industry.
- IT proficient with demonstrated analytical and srategic thinking abilities.
- Working knowledge of footwear industry and shoe making process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, icluding excellent presentation skills.
- Exellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to construct unit concept and communicate it to a large multi-cultural audience.
- Ability to travel internationally if required
Wolverine World Wide - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard