Sales Territory: South Western USA: AZ,AR,CO,LA,MS,NM,OK,TX,UT
(Home office location will be in metro Denver, Colorado, or any major metro area in Texas)
Responsible for growing and sustaining revenue levels associated in states in assigned territory of the SW region. Responsible for retaining customers and increasing customer loyalty and satisfaction, acquiring zero-revenue customers, and increasing sales through active relationship development and account management. Develop new business within the region to grow revenue streams through product purchases. Maintain current and accurate customer contact database and manage customer’s accounts receivable balances to acceptable levels.
I. Attainment of Identified Accounts Revenue Goal 80%
II. Manage Regional & Account Activity 10%
- Initiate, conduct and follow-up on sales calls designed to grow CPP strategic market(s). Average 4 face to face sales calls each week, 10 phone/webinar meetings per week to region’s Top 150 customers, F1000 customers & to prospective customers in CPP’s strategic market(s) .
- Organize product introductory & application demonstrations addressing strategic market needs to promote CPP product to current and new users.
- Daily use of Salesforce.com tasks, leads module and Opportunity pipeline is required. Maintain daily documentation of customer interactions in Salesforce.com CRM software.
- Engage Application Consultants a minimum of 2x a week with customers within the region
- Attend Regional Revenue Strategy Meetings , Bi weekly check in broader team meetings and other departmental meetings is required.
III. Contribute to Company-Wide Market Knowledge Base 10%
- Maintain/expand current and prospective customer information across sales region through weekly updating of CRM database
- Analyze database, MOAR and provided reports within Salesforce.com weekly for current account activity to inform strategic sales activities throughout the year.
- Keep regional activities within expense allocations.
- Submit monthly expenses within the designated timeline set by CPP finance
- Meet monthly and ad hoc requirements from the Divisional Director, US Sales, for timely and accurate reporting.
Salary range: $70k - $85k
- Provide appropriate client participants for CPP product review panels, focus groups, testimonials, case studies and other customer-based input requirements.
- Collect and add customer needs/trends information in CPP strategic market(s) to Salesforce.com CRM to keep it current.
- Respond to the Divisional Director, US Sales with accurate and well-researched data to inter-divisional requests for customer/market-based information.
- Exhibit/present at national and regional professional conferences that reach CPP’s strategic market(s), to further sales opportunities and visibility as opportunities arise and are appropriate..
- Participate in customer/market and competitive product information gathering and sharing sessions at CPP’s bi-yearly conferences.
- Participate in membership of key professional organizations in order to network professionally, and to monitor market needs and trends as opportunities arise.
Account Management - Manages sales accounts in a manner that ensures that customer needs are understood and met. Builds relationships with key decision makers while showing respect for each and every person in a customer organization. Expands sales within existing accounts and keeps track of account activities in order to respond to new developments and changes. This is in contrast to those who are unaware of customer needs; are unsuccessful at building relationships with key decision-makers; treat some individuals in a discourteous or disrespectful manner; are unsuccessful at expanding sales within existing accounts; and/or are frequently unaware of account activity that could trigger a customer contact and, consequently, miss opportunities for the business.
Product Knowledge - Has a good understanding of product line features and benefits and uses that knowledge to optimize sales with each customer. Understands the product market and uses this knowledge to increase personal credibility and product sales. Keeps abreast of competitors' activities and typically responds quickly to what the competition is doing. This is in contrast to missing opportunities due to a limited knowledge of features and benefits across the product line, a lack of understanding of the market, and/or a lack of attention to what competitors are doing.
Sales Organization - Maintains account records that are organized in a fashion that provides thorough documentation, increases efficiency and is understandable to others. Account records are accurate and up-to-date. Submits reports in a timely fashion and uses sales consultants effectively. Achieves maximum benefits from sales literature, special promotions and incentive programs. This is distinctly different from those individuals who create incomplete or inconsistent documentation, operate inefficiently or make it difficult for others to comprehend the history of account activities. Such inattention to organization, documentation and sales promotions leads to an inefficient use of resources and threatens customer confidence in the organization as a whole.
Selling Skills - Demonstrates strong selling skills by ability to prospect and qualify leads, identify customer needs, translate features to benefits, deliver effective demos, negotiate, and close sales. This contrasts with individuals who are unsuccessful at prospecting or qualifying leads, who neglect to identify customer needs, who have been unable to translate features to benefits, who conduct ineffective demos, and/or who miss opportunities to negotiate or otherwise do what else is necessary to close an adequate number of sales.
- A.A. and 5 plus years of relevant work experience required
- B.A. or B.S. ideal, preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Education, Business or related field; Master’s Degree ideal
- 3 years Consultative Sales experience ideal; training and/or consulting experience would be a plus.
- Coursework in testing/assessments is preferred.
- Experience with the MBTI, CPI 260, and Strong Interest Inventory preferred.
- Previous experience in the Training and Development assessment field is ideal.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Extensive travel required (30-50%)
- Travel is required in a vehicle to appointments. Vehicles can consist of passenger car, van, bus, rail or air plane.
- Ability needed to frequently lift objects weighing up to 35 pounds possibly when carrying personal luggage on business travel.