At StanCorp Equities, Inc., the retirement plans sales and marketing arm of The Standard ( www.standard.com ) we are committed to helping people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. If you like to make a difference and stand out from the crowd, consider pursuing your career dreams with us.
In this key regional sales leadership role, you will be responsible for achieving sales goals and managing expenses to budget by executing the business plan for the east sales region. You will be expected to apply effective sales management practices to recruit, train, mentor and support a team of Retirement Plan Consultants (Sales Wholesalers) for the region. You will help implement defined sales strategies that establish productive and long term working relationships with retirement plan advisors and support their value proposition. In addition to being the primary face of The Standard in the marketplace, you will have additional accountability for managing the work environment, identifying workforce needs and ensuring alignment with corporate management’s expectations, values and vision.
States Covered: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Washington
- , DC and West Virginia
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
Provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to sales staff and model good sales practices. Apply effective sales management practices to recruit, train, and support sales staff for the region. Provide resources and remove barriers so the sales team can effectively attract and retain advisors and new business, and achieve established sales goals.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Sales to develop and manage to a three year business plan for the region. Develop employee pipeline and prepare contingency plans for challenging situations. Ensure that the sales offices for the region meet their sales goals as well as key advisor growth and retention goals, which includes intervention, coaching or creative solutions as appropriate. Act as the communication liaison between the field, the company and the clients and plan advisors with regard to issue resolution.
- Achieve sales goals by establishing effective sales strategies that 1) build and maintain productive and long term working relationships with retirement plan advisors; 2) provide ongoing support for plan advisor value propositions and service delivery models; and 3) effectively position our flexible service offering to assist advisors in eliminating administrative burdens and fiduciary risks for plan sponsors.
- Establish long-term working partnerships and relationships with The Standard’s service and operational support personnel.
- Develop new sources of business, promote additional products and demonstrate product expertise and knowledge of competition in order to increase sales.
- Management of daily office business operations. Manage the office expense budget, resolve issues, realize efficiencies and process improvements.
To succeed in this exciting role you will need:
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, marketing or equivalent.
- 5+ years of management, sales and service experience in the retirement plans field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Professional Certification Required: FINRA Series 6 or 7, 63 and 65 or 66.
StanCorp Financial Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Providing insurance and related financial services is standard operating procedure at StanCorp Financial Group. Through Standard...