Volvo Penta Region Americas is headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia. However, this is a field sales position, and as such the location is flexible. Relocation is not required.
About This Opportunity:
With Volvo Penta , a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a team of skilled professionals committed to innovation, safety and environmental care. A career at Volvo Penta means opportunity for personal development and career growth with excellent salary and benefits.
If you’re ready to take your career to a new level, then join the team at Volvo Penta Region Americas . We are looking for an outgoing and experienced Sales Professional to join our growing Industrial Power Segment. The successful candidate will be an innovative self-starter.
Proactively generate new engine sales for Volvo Penta industrial products in North America for select OEM accounts. Support current OEM accounts by providing a high level of customer service and exceeding their needs.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Establish and maintain industrial OEM accounts in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) in North America.
- Pursue sales of Volvo Penta industrial products in the AOR.
- Pursue new OEM business opportunities in the AOR.
- Drive to attain Volvo Penta business objectives and initiatives.
- Provide management with required sales contact reports, customer center updates and issue tracking.
- Facilitate the involvement of the appropriate Volvo Penta resources in developing and winning new business.
- Organize product and systems training for assigned accounts.
- Provide training on Volvo Penta warranty procedures, parts return, parts lookup (EPC) workshop methods / controls and maintenance programs to OEMs, distributors and sub dealers.
- Promote the use of the Volvo Penta Partner Network for warranty and business functions.
- Investigate OEM, distributor, dealer and/or end user product complaints and generate appropriate corrective action to help resolve them expeditiously.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical proficiency of Volvo Penta product.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management and deemed vital to the achievement of the Volvo Penta business plan.
- Actively participate in trade shows and other industry events as required.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision performing as a self-directed employee.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multiple assignments in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Strong background in Engine Systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years equivalent business experience in the field of engine sales and or engine related systems.
- Generator engine experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
- Requires out-of-town travel; including international travel (75%+)
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...