The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the execution of all client sales and marketing activities within an assigned geographic territory and for the successful attainment of Donan’s Mission and goals. The RSM executes strategies/plans to expand the customer base in the territory. The RSM reports to the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) assigned to oversee that territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes direct sales responsibility for a targeted region within the territory.
- Responsible for understanding customer’s needs and positioning/promoting products and services that meet those needs.
- Works with Territory Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Regional Managers, and CSO to ensure all client complaints within the territory are properly resolved.
- Builds strong relationships with customers/strategic contacts in the territory.
- Maintains and develops those relationships.
- Ensures highly effective client communication and the achievement of agreed upon client satisfaction levels.
- Utilizes all communication mediums available to connect with clients (face to face, e-mails, phone calls, mailings, etc.)
- Develops strong partnerships with the Regional Managers within the territory on sales plans, strategy and market intelligence.
- Executes sales strategies and initiatives within the territory.
- Executes marketing plans within the territory.
- Sells all company offices/services within the territory.
- Focuses on sales prospecting efforts within the territory (i.e., lead generation, pipeline management).
- Works to achieve and exceed overall sales goals and sales activity standards.
- Collects intelligence on pricing, sales, competition, clients, prospective clients, industry trends
- Works to achieve territory-specific growth goals.
- Monitors and communicates to the TSM client trends and activities relevant to Donan operations
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Plans, coordinates and executes client entertainment events/activities in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information. Will offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- High School or equivalent education required, Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum 2-3 years of hands on sales experience, insurance industry experience a plus but not required.
- The Regional Sales Manager must be a sales professional with a successful track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Strong value system (e.g., integrity, honesty).
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to multi-task and work with the pressures of deadlines.
- Possesses and demonstrates strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Willing to take initiative, ownership, and risk.
- Must enjoy service oriented type of work.
- Must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to win the support of colleagues, peers, and staff.
- Well-developed sales skills with the capacity for continuous improvement.
- Passionate desire to exceed and excel
- Able to work cross departmentally on an as needed basis.
- Willingness to travel frequently sometimes with little prior notice.
- Strong overall computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clear driving record that meets company standards. Driving records are checked on a routine basis to ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
Donan Engineering - 11 months ago