Regional Sales Manager – Florida (Tampa & Orlando)
Reports To: Regional Sales Director
Location: Remote – Florida
Mercury Payment Systems is an integrated transaction processing company created to enhance point-of-sale systems by offering credit, debit, check, gift card and loyalty processing. Mercury’s integrated Internet protocol (IP) or dial-up processing solutions are fast, reliable and affordable. Retailers can leverage the reliability and enhanced efficiency of integrated payment processing to increase productivity and customer satisfaction. Mercury Payment Systems helps resellers increase their opportunities with reseller support and superior technology.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the development and management of new and existing POS dealer network relationships in order to increase merchant referrals from the POS dealer channel. The RSM is also responsible for engaging merchants directly in order to secure new merchant accounts. The RSM works with other directors and senior management to ensure the right mix of features, positioning and price. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, training, and managing their territory to achieve the company objective of incremental lead growth and profits related to this strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage Mercury’s value added services and relationships with POS dealer channel partners to develop relationships and new business opportunities with merchants
- Develop new POS dealer channel partnerships utilizing various inside and outside business development strategies such as cold calling and networking
- Analyze merchant statements to develop and propose pricing in order to close new merchant accounts
- Utilize Mercury’s CRM/sales tracking system to capture and track all sales related activities
- Ability to manage a large regional territory
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or equivalent amount of education and experience required
- 3+ years recent outside sales experience within the Payment Processing industry is required
- The ideal candidate would be well rounded in all aspects of indirect sales models
- Extensive knowledge of pricing models, distribution channels, acquiring industry technology trends, budgeting, statistics and analysis, planning skills, competitive strategies, sales presentation and strong training skills
- Up to 25% travel required
Mercury offers competitive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan. This position includes a base salary, commissions and bonuses as well as a laptop, Blackberry, and monthly expense budget.
About Mercury Payment Systems
Known as an "innovations" leader in the Payment Processing Industry, Mercury Payment Systems was awarded in 2011 for the 2nd year in a row the top (GOLD) award in the Payment Processing category and Best Overall Retail Technology Vendor at RSPA. We have been honored with a “Best Company To Work For In Colorado” and a ColoradoBiz Magazine “Top Company” award. Our CEO, Matt Taylor, received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Technology category for the Mountain Desert Region.
Headquartered in Durango, CO, with a second office in Denver, we look for employees who share our core values: integrity, win-win outcomes, strong partner relationships, creativity, collaboration, focus, and continuous education. EOE
Keywords: Relationship Manager, Account Executive, sales, acquiring, US Acquirers, payment processing, POS, bankcard, merchant services
Mercury is one of North America’s most innovative and fastest growing payments processing / merchant acquiring companies. As the...