Regional Sales Manager
Northwest MN Territory
JEM Technical is a family owned company where we work hard and have fun too. Do you enjoy seeing firsthand how your work affects the company and its customers? We value teamwork for results, being open and straightforward, taking responsibility, and accepting challenge. The company is proud of its long-term employees as well as those who are newer to JEM. Benefits include a company-matched 401k plan, paid time off, company-paid health insurance, a flex plan and free disability insurance. We are located in Orono, about 10 minutes west of the I-394/I-494 interchange.
To effectively manage and coordinate all sales objectives in an assigned territory; to grow sales, expand customer base, and to build on the positive reputation of the company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Territory Management: The development and execution of a strategic plan to effectively grow sales and customer base within the various market segments of the territory, including but not limited to the following:
2. Sales Expertise: The effective use of available resources and sales tactics in presenting JEM Technical’s capabilities to the marketplace, including but not limited to:
- Develop travel routes to maximize coverage and efficiency, and develop effective time lines for the frequency of route travel.
- Maintain and develop business at existing customers by penetrating the account at all levels of influence.
- Develop a prospecting program to grow customer base and ensure coverage of the markets through research of the territory utilizing publications, trade shows, etc.
3. Quotations and Orders: Initiates and/or coordinates the quotation process with the assistance of inside sales and management if required, and interact with JEM support people to ensure order accuracy and to provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and build upon effective professional sales tactics and technique through the use of available training at JEM or from approved outside educational courses.
- Acquire and utilize knowledge of product lines and technical aspects of individual products as they apply to customer applications and various markets.
- Develop effective use of presentation material and techniques such as literature, product demonstrations, JEM customer tours, onsite customer training and group presentations.
- Effectively utilize support people from JEM as well as vendors in the sales process, including but not limited to inside sales, engineering, sales managers, manufacturer’s representatives and customer service people.
4. Reporting: Provide timely reports regarding sales activity, quotation activity, business expenses, sales plans and projections, market analysis, etc.
- Provide accurate terms and conditions of sale that are agreeable to JEM Technical, our vendors, and the customer.
- Review sales contracts periodically for status, and renew terms and conditions as required, or prior to date of contract maturity.
- Maintain an ACT customer database and submit weekly sales call reports and expense reports.
- Provide and maintain reports such as sales and marketing plans and projections, quotation status reports, etc. when required.
Share with us your talent, drive and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program.
- At least four years related customer service experience in a manufacturing setting and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct experience with cartridge valves, manifold block design and hydraulic systems preferred
- Intermediate computer skills with Windows
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within territory
Join us and become part of our great team!
Questions: (952) 955-4920
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at Instigate, Inc. to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by Instigate's TalentAssist - Recruitment Process Management Services. Please submit your resumes, applications or questions directly to Instigate for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Instigate is led by talent-acquisition experts with more than 35 years of experience. With access to Instigate’s cutting-edge...